MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

8 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Or, you know, you could offer an insight without resorting to meaningless comparisons just because those movies are part of Nolan's filmography especially when your own perspective on those movies could be completely different to anyone else's. It's closer to apples than baseball. Similar to rain, not shoelaces.

Not meaningless though; as there were people who understood my reference.

My perspective on those movies is subjective; yet there are people with similar sentiments who understood what I meant.

Your analogy is too extreme. There are obviously similarities between the films I mentioned as reference.

Go watch the film this weekend then come back, and say how you feel. I attended the premiere, enjoyed it - post here to share thoughts with likeminded people; if you are not one of them - that is fine but be less rude yeah.

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Probably will be similar Tomato percentage to Interstellar or The Prestige. 

F1aZSOtWAAE0FnX?format=jpg&name=large

Would expect similar to Dunkirk at this point, 92% and 8.7 avg. Could see percentage going a bit lower though. Either way, Interstellar/Prestige doesn't seem realistic.

2 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Not meaningless though; as there were people who understood my reference.

My perspective on those movies is subjective; yet there are people with similar sentiments who understood what I meant.

Your analogy is too extreme. There are obviously similarities between the films I mentioned as reference.

Go watch the film this weekend then come back, and say how you feel. I attended the premiere, enjoyed it - post here to share thoughts with likeminded people; if you are not one of them - that is fine but be less rude yeah.

So what you're saying is like-minded people understood you. Cool. Meaningless, as I said...and that would go whether you loved or hated it, since it literally doesn't say anything about the movie. It just appeals to the instinctual side of those that preferred one movie over the other in your analogy, without actually explaining why.