MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

2 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

The film is 3 hours long anyway, don't need an extra two minutes of credits. It is very common that some small VFX personnel goes uncredited. Probably half of the MCU stunts people don't get credit. People think that VFX department being the one with the most uncredited credits. However, in fact they are third (with 9% of their credits going uncredited), behind casting (15%) and the stunt department (25%).

Hell, a lot of writers who contribute to films don't get screen credit. The WGA rules for who gets credit are incredibly convuluted and often unfair.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I didn’t say you were being “hard on Nolan.” He’s one of the biggest directors in Hollywood. He can survive some person on a box office forum ranting about him. Your anger over this just comes across as weirdly misplaced. It doesn’t help that you’ve been spamming this stuff several times in the past few weeks now.

I’m sorry, but I’m convinced you have a bone to pick here. 

Lots of people who work on films do not get screen credit.

And, yeah, I sense a Comic Book Fanboy who is angry at Nolan because he has said a few times he has no plans to make anothrr CBM for quite a while.

41 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Lol Grace Randolph has gone Red Scare

This would have cost Grace any respect I had left for her, except I have had zero respect for anything she says for a long,long, time.

We can add recent history to the long,long, list of things Grace knows shit about but insists on pontificating about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, karlleng said:

Watched it today, Nolan's best work imo. I don't think his film ever before had so many good performances. Main stars were great of course but also people in smaller roles, for example Casey Affleck did terrific job

The Only actor I question is Gary Oldman, and it's not so much for his perfromance but that physically wrong for Truman.

Truman was a short man with a slender build, Oldman is too tall and too ,well, big in build.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Hell, a lot of writers who contribute to films don't get screen credit. The WGA rules for who gets credit are incredibly convuluted and often unfair.

Yeah Joss Whedon wrote almost all the dialogue in Speed but didn’t get credit because he didn’t change enough of the story. He did Twister and Waterworld too.

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The Only actor I question is Gary Oldman, and it's not so much for his perfromance but that physically wrong for Truman.

Truman was a short man with a slender build, Oldman is too tall and too ,well, big in build.

Yeah Oldman scene was letdown for me cause I was expecting to hear him say famous ""Never bring that fucking cretin in here again. He didn't drop the bomb. I did. That kind of weepiness makes me sick."

5 hours ago, hasanahmad said:

Grace keeps digging a hole for herself 

I wouldn't say Murphy is unlikeable, but he is very cold in the film, even before the Los Alamos stuff. Hartnett and Krumholtz are much more likable characters. Leo would have been a better Oppenheimer. 

• Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, RichWS said:

MVP David Krumholtz.

When I saw him in the trailer I thought he'd be one of the 50,000 actors who were just there for a quick walk on. Very pleasant surprise that he was kinda in it through the whole thing. 

• Like 3

It’s wild to me how my ranking differs from this one from THR.

My Nolan ranking would go like this:

1. The Prestige

2. Interstellar 

3. Batman Begins

4. Tenet

5. The Dark Knight

6. Dunkirk

7. Memento

8. Inception

9. The Dark Knight Rises

10. Insomnia

11. Following

Have yet to see Oppenheimer, obviously.

Edited by ZattMurdock

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

When I saw him in the trailer I thought he'd be one of the 50,000 actors who were just there for a quick walk on. Very pleasant surprise that he was kinda in it through the whole thing. 

Would watch a whole film of he, Murphy and Damon just being a wacky trio. 

• Like 1

The Dark Knight 10/10

The Dark Knight Rises 9.95/10 

Batman Begins 9.9/10

Inception  9/10

Momento 8/10

Oppenheimer 7.1/10

Prestige 7/10

Interstellar 6/10

Dunkirk 5/10

Tenet 1/10

I don’t understand the Tenet hate, and I’d argue that Nolan never made a bad film. TDKR is a bad Batman film, but not a bad film itself. I was underwhelmed by Inception, but that’s still a solid 7/10. I wouldn’t rank any of them below 7 btw, with the top 5 being high 9s. 1/10 for Tenet is like lol to me. 

• Like 1