Interstellar
Dark Knight Rises
Inception
Prestige
Batman Begins
Insomnia
Tenet
Memento

I'm out of reactions, but MEMENTO in last is so bold that I almost have to applaud you! Have you not seen Dunkirk?

Edited by Dragoncaine
  • Haha 1

Haven't had the chance to watch Oppenheimer, but here goes my ranking.

1. Inception

2. Interstellar

3. TDKR

4. Memento

5. Batman Begins

6. Tenet

7. Dunkirk

8. The Dark Knight

9. The Prestige

...and even tho I liked the last two, I feel they are not that special and are highly overrated.

On 7/27/2023 at 9:15 PM, redfirebird2008 said:

They stretched the IMAX film equipment to the breaking point. For many years they said 2 hours and 45 minutes was the absolute limit for IMAX film. Oppy is 15 minutes longer. 

I think Nolan might be a little more considerate and not aim for anything over 3 hours next time because that would break the projectors beyond repair! I bet Dunkirk was a dream for IMAX because it's short and doesn't stretch the projectors too much.

After Oppenheimer, I think we've going to see a few comebacks from some of the actors who've been in the wilderness like Josh Hartnett, Dane DeHaan and Alden. It does make me wonder if Nolan has a wish list of actors he'd love to work with but never been able to get. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think Nolan might be a little more considerate and not aim for anything over 3 hours next time because that would break the projectors beyond repair! I bet Dunkirk was a dream for IMAX because it's short and doesn't stretch the projectors too much.

After Oppenheimer, I think we've going to see a few comebacks from some of the actors who've been in the wilderness like Josh Hartnett, Dane DeHaan and Alden. It does make me wonder if Nolan has a wish list of actors he'd love to work with but never been able to get. 

Seriously it feels like every weekend I see a different IMAX theatre having issues lol.

Just saw Oppenheimer. This felt more like a David Fincher movie than a Nolan movie. And I have no problem with that because Im a huge fan of both.

It reminded me of The Social Network in many ways, and those 3 hrs flew by real fast. Cillian Murphy and Downey Jr really should get nominated for the Oscars next year. The direction and cinematography was stellar. The way the script juggles with time never felt confusing at all.

And my goodness, that music score is haunting af, but even more impressive than its music its the use of silence when they test the bomb. Kept me at the edge of my seat all the time. Heck, I never felt so much intensity from scenes of men just talking in a courtroom. This movie is freaking cinema, man. Probably my favorite of the year so far. Though Inception is still at my top of the list of Nolan movies.

Edited by Boxx93

48 minutes ago, lilmac said:

I wish I lived near a 70MM IMAX. Has anyone seen Oppy in that format? If so, care to share your experience. 

I will hopefully see it Wednesday at Regal Mall of Georgia in that format. I will definitely report back.

Also many people on BOT I know for a fact saw it at AMC Lincoln Square in IMAX 70mm.

• Like 1

Just now, Ryan Reynolds said:

probably a near masterpiece, one of Nolan's best films, but may not have much rematch value . this won't fix Nolan getting criticism with female characters , he nearly wasted Blunt until the final act

Neither Blunt nor Pugh are given a whole lot to work with, but damn do they both deliver with the material they have

• Like 1

qawije4.jpg

This is the Regal IMAX where I saw Oppy and this is current seat chart for the Sunday, July 30 noon showing.

The screen is fairly large: roughly 60 feet high and 84 feet wide. It supposedly has a 4K digital projector although Oppy looked closer to 2K. It can render movies in the true IMAX 1.43 ratio. Oppy was not in that ratio/format, though. I may go see it again just to be certain about the 4K vs. 2K. The sound is decent but the massive size of the theater seems to hamper the sound at times.

The theater seats 600 people. The central rows of seats are slightly rounded like a smile. The seats on the far left and right are angled maybe 30-45 degrees instead of being completely parallel to the screen. The rounded and angled nature of the seats results in more seats per row the higher you climb to the top. Overall, except for the rows directly in front, there’s not a bad seat, though. 

It’s not a true 70mm IMAX; but for being a digital IMAX, it’s a decent place to see a film thanks to the very large screen even if it still pales to some of the 80’x100’ behemoths out there.