MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

80/305

Sleeper of 2023. Audiences are craving a high budget adult drama and there hasn't been a movie about this subject matter in a long time. Also.. Nolan. Ancedotal but its the only film i hear mentioned in my circle 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, lecico said:

80/305

Sleeper of 2023. Audiences are craving a high budget adult drama and there hasn't been a movie about this subject matter in a long time. Also.. Nolan. Ancedotal but its the only film i hear mentioned in my circle 

Meme Lol GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

Cheers though. Needed the laugh

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lecico said:

80/305

Sounds a lot like you need to find a new circle of friends cause your current circle must be very unusual to care about no films other than Oppenheimer.

My current circle of friends has more than one who is still pissed off at Nolan for the Tenet sound issues and are not intending to see Oppenheimer because of that. Dunno how widespread that opinion is but Nolan better hope it isn't.

Edited by scytheavatar

1 hour ago, scytheavatar said:

Sounds a lot like you need to find a new circle of friends cause your current circle must be very unusual to care about no films other than Oppenheimer.

My current circle of friends has more than one who is still pissed off at Nolan for the Tenet sound issues and are not intending to see Oppenheimer because of that. Dunno how widespread that opinion is but Nolan better hope it isn't.

Sounds like both of you need larger circles of friends.

• Like 8

There is nothing more silly than dooming a movie based on anecdotal views which mimics your bias !!! Chris Nolan has among the strongest fanbase as a director and he wont be short of folks who want to check this out in theater. This is my number 1 movie this summer ahead of MI7. Rest dont matter to me though I am seeing Guardians(cant beat a free pass to early Imax :-) ) and will checkout Indy 5 for sure. I might see Elemental if it gets Pixar Peak level reviews. None of the other movies excite me personally though from BO perspective there is lot to look forward to. 

• Like 5

Some of the discourse I've seen surrounding the "Barbie vs Oppenheimer" showdown has gotten ugly on Tiktok. Started out fun at first, now it's reminding me of that Venom vs Star Is Born stuff you'd see in niche circles back in 2018 where fans were throwing insults at other fans.

Like jeez, do people not realize that this is about to be the best double feature of all time?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Some of the discourse I've seen surrounding the "Barbie vs Oppenheimer" showdown has gotten ugly on Tiktok. Started out fun at first, now it's reminding me of that Venom vs Star Is Born stuff you'd see in niche circles back in 2018 where fans were throwing insults at other fans.

Like jeez, do people not realize that this is about to be the best double feature of all time?

I don't use tiktok so I don't know much about this feud on there, but I do have a bunch of friends now asking me about watching Barbie and Oppenheimer on the same day after seeing people talk about it on tiktok

14 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I don't use tiktok so I don't know much about this feud on there, but I do have a bunch of friends now asking me about watching Barbie and Oppenheimer on the same day after seeing people talk about it on tiktok

TikTok about to drive Oppenheimer to a $70M opening weekend.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lecico said:

80/305

Welcome to BOT :welcome:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, scytheavatar said:

Most people are put off the cinema these days due to a lack of creativity so they're not unusual, we are just in our mid 30's now and no longer the main demograph. MCU no long excites us. Endgame was the peak, everything else feels like an after credit scene. Pixar's past its best, Indy had its chance 15 years ago and now doesnt look interesting. Fast 10? Transformer 7? Mission impossible 7? Little Mermaid?  In a world of unasked for sequels and reboots, something like Oppenhiemer stands out. The same circle of friends only watched top gun last summer so it could be a sign

I think Oppenhiemer's subject matter will give it a media push due to its growing relevance in the world we live on today. The trailers also do a good job of making it seem like an event rather than just a biopic.

Edited by lecico

I’ve been to the the cinema twice a year in the last three years. Maybe I’m projecting (pun intended) but I really do think the medium’s long term prospects are dire. A business model in which a handful of movies make a shitload of money while the rest fight for crumbs isn’t sustainable. It’s not like when tv was invented and cinema still offered superior drama and spectacle: tv can now easily compete. 

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, lecico said:

80/305

1 hour ago, lecico said:

Most people are put off the cinema these days due to a lack of creativity so they're not unusual, we are just in our mid 30's now and no longer the main demograph. MCU no long excites us. Endgame was the peak, everything else feels like an after credit scene. Pixar's past its best, Indy had its chance 15 years ago and now doesnt look interesting. Fast 10? Transformer 7? Mission impossible 7? Little Mermaid?  In a world of unasked for sequels and reboots, something like Oppenhiemer stands out. The same circle of friends only watched top gun last summer so it could be a sign

I think Oppenhiemer's subject matter will give it a media push due to its growing relevance in the world we live on today. The trailers also do a good job of making it seem like an event rather than just a biopic.

1 hour ago, lecico said:

Wait until you see my Barbie prediction

Moderation

Jessie, you've been banned for like five years now. Please go away and get a life, okay?

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

34 minutes ago, Eric Williams said:

Moderation

Jessie, you've been banned for like five years now. Please go away and get a life, okay?

no-i-dont-think-i-will.gif

You're up this early looking for accounts to ban, your life is as sad as mine 😂. A pleasure as always Eric, you take care, I'll be back

• Thanks 1

So it seems like every studio is releasing at least one trailer online this week next to their cinemacon presentation. Wondering if Universal might release a trailer for this today. It's quite literally their only major theatrical release of the year after Fast X (low-key wtf is up with Universal's slate for the rest of the year).