MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

So it seems like every studio is releasing at least one trailer online this week next to their cinemacon presentation. Wondering if Universal might release a trailer for this today. It's quite literally their only major theatrical release of the year after Fast X (low-key wtf is up with Universal's slate for the rest of the year).

I mentioned that in the CinemaCon thread. Their riskier fourth quarter bets in 2022 (Bros, She Said, The Fabelmans) didn't pay off but I doubt that had anything to do with the production on their slate for this year. Guessing the majority of the bigger projects just happened to end up at other studios and they got lucky putting out so many movies last year (looking at the schedule for this year, Sony appears to easily have the most productive slate out of all the studios).

I mean, after Mario and Fast X sure to be big worldwide (even if not close to the heights of the franchise), they can pretty much coast for the rest of the year. Still, that further reinforces the idea that Oppenheimer should have been a fall release.

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Cant wait to see this on the biggest screen possible. Should be epic for sure. 

If you are expecting a big spectacle you are going to be dissapointed. It is just not that kind of a  story or that kind of a film.

And, as much as I am looking forward to this movie, that is a problem it has for today's audeinces. It will have no big eye popping scenes except for the First Test of the Bomb, and that will be maybe two or three minutes in a three hour movie.

Edited by dudalb

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

If you are expecting a big spectacle you are going to be dissapointed. It is just not that kind of a  story or that kind of a film.

I have not been disappointed by a Nolan movie. So this aint going to be it. It will be worth to watch on big screen for sure. I like his movies :-)

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

I have not been disappointed by a Nolan movie. So this aint going to be it. It will be worth to watch on big screen for sure. I like his movies 🙂

I just debate how important a big screen is for this particular film. It is going to more of a intimate drama then a big historic spectacle.

49 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

"The most important person who ever lived"...ok Chris.

The more that comes out of about this, the more it seems like a giant commercial misfire. I think it will be highly interesting and very good film for its audience, but that audience is quite small in my estimation. 

Edited by excel1

21 minutes ago, excel1 said:

"The most important person who ever lived"...ok Chris.

The more that comes out of about this, the more it seems like a giant commercial misfire. I think it will be highly interesting and very good film for its audience, but that audience is quite small in my estimation. 

my guy this movie literally has josh hartnett, the biggest movie star of all time. what you wafflin about 😂 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TMP said:

my guy this movie literally has josh hartnett, the biggest movie star of all time. what you wafflin about 😂 

how is he not the lead in this