MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

This is one of my most anticipated movies of the year but I am not optimistic about it chances at the box office. Serious films with little "eye candy" are a touch sell nowdays, let alone the three hour running time. Yes, Instellar was nearly 3 hours, but it had lots of eye candy, this one does not.

Not sure that the name Nolan  means automatic  block buster either.

This was never gonna screen at Cannes. It's just not what Nolan does with his movies.

I also sincerely doubt he's behind schedule, considering how efficient he is with his blockbusters. Any delay would probably be as a result of the wanting a more traditional awards contender release, in the late autumn months. But until there's official word, July it is.

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

I seriously doubt it. Isn't Nolan receiving an award at CinemaCon? Fremauz says the film isn't ready and i doubt that. Matt Damon said he saw the film and it's three hours

I don't see how any of those things mean it isn't getting delayed. Nolan can get an award at Cinemacon and the movie might not be ready for release.

think this is just a language barrier thing from interviewing a frenchman. internet overthinking it. he just means not ready for cannes, and i don't think Nolan would ever want to premiere his movie months in advance even if it was ready.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Is this true or bullshit?

I don't think that's true. Here is what Fremaux said:

Unfortunately no, I would have loved [that] but it’s being released at the end of the year as part of their awards strategy. My two regrets this year are “Oppenheimer” and “Barbie,” but it won’t be ready either by May. 

I think he meant the movie will hold its July release so they could earn the award season buzz.

No way they're gonna push it back to later time at this point. It's not 2021.

• Like 1