LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

8 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

No to take anything away from this amazing run, but Japan was a real dud for NWH. 

Absolutely. Japan+SK underperformance kept us from passing TFA WW-C — but SK at least has a good excuse 😛 

• Like 4

NWH have both amazing opening weekend and Super leggy run,not many film can do that

It's so sad China didn't join this worldwide hype,like we missed Jurassic Park back to 1993,missed Pirates 2 in 2006,missed TDK in 2008,

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Tokugennumataka said:

No to take anything away from this amazing run, but Japan was a real dud for NWH. 

I'm kinda surprised by that. Wasn't the OG Spider-Man big over there? I thought the return of Tobey would've atleast given the film an extra push there. Guess not

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bruce said:

NWH have both amazing opening weekend and Super leggy run,not many film can do that

It's so sad China didn't join this worldwide hype,like we missed Jurassic Park back to 1993,missed Pirates 2 in 2006,missed TDK in 2008,

At least they didn't miss real masterpieces of modern cinema such as Transformers, Fast and Furious and Warcraft 😂

• Astonished 1

3 hours ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Yeah that's true, following Spider Man's run in the country was a real pain, every week it got worse and worse 😓

In the end it only grossed 30% more than Far From Home, while in many other countries it even doubled it...

On 3/21/2022 at 11:45 PM, cookieleeann said:

I'm kinda surprised by that. Wasn't the OG Spider-Man big over there? I thought the return of Tobey would've atleast given the film an extra push there. Guess not

That's what I thought. But nope. And I still don't understand why.

https://deadline.com/2022/03/spider-man-no-way-home-box-office-record-home-entertainment-sales-1234987542/

Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Hitting $800M Domestic B.O. Milestone; Notches Record 2.1M+ Digital Sales: How The Pic Changed The Industry’s Mindset

Worldwide at $1.89 billion, No Way Home is the 6th highest grossing film ever.

• Like 1