Eric the Fall Guy

Strange World | Walt Disney Animation Studios | Comes to Disney+ on December 23rd

2 minutes ago, Ericstein's Monster said:

It's....really fucking weird that the female characters have more standard CG Disney-ish eyes while the men's eyes are a lot more cartoony. I appreciate that they're trying a different style but it just looks...off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jedijake said:

Wish will be a HUGE hit next year. Multicultural princess with appearances from legendary characters. Again, it's a musical and they all do well, but still.

No. Audiences don't want to see Disney or Pixar movies in theaters anymore. The convenience is way too good, whether we like it or not. And there's no way you can change things back. I know it sucks to hear all this, but it's best to accept the facts. Be better for everybody really, since Disney loses a lot of bargaining power now.

• Astonished 1

7 hours ago, JWR said:

Hard to emphasize how badly Chapek has bungled the marketing for this and how poorly this could bode for Disney's future animated offerings if his recent comments are anything to go by....

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-box-office-forecast-devotion-the-fabelmans-glass-onion-a-knives-out-mystery-and-strange-world/

I like most of Disney's animation films but this film looks unappealing. May be it'll be some hidden gem(I remember how I was first not into Moana at all) we'll see. 

• Like 2

It feels like it barely exists, like it's a Norm of the North-like non starter animation that opens to $6 million in January.

Disney animations at Thanksgiving used to feel like a mini event. Everyone was made aware of the characters and the world that Disney was bringing to theatres.

Sigh.

12 hours ago, Verrows said:

It feels like it barely exists, like it's a Norm of the North-like non starter animation that opens to $6 million in January.

Disney animations at Thanksgiving used to feel like a mini event. Everyone was made aware of the characters and the world that Disney was bringing to theatres.

Sigh.

Lol chill this was true till Frozen 2. Last year, Encanto was hurt by the shortened Disney+ release window.

Sci-fi and animation never go together in terms of mass appeal. WDAS Thanksgiving fare should bounce back with that wishing star princess musical next year. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Lol chill this was true till Frozen 2. Last year, Encanto was hurt by the shortened Disney+ release window.

Sci-fi and animation never go together in terms of mass appeal. WDAS Thanksgiving fare should bounce back with that wishing star princess musical next year. 

I'm chill.

I do agree that Wish will be a WDAS comeback next year in the same way Frozen was. Hopefully by then people are back to wanting to see these Disney animations in theatres and not on Disney+. That is of course up to Disney and how they promote these things. 

• Like 2