The Wild Eric

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

13 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Highly doubtfull, lockdown restrictions ? yes , full lockdown ? highly unlikely, covid cases have been surging for 1-2 months going record high in many countries and  only 3-4 countries have gone to a real lockdown and even them were/are small markets.Germany which  has a relative hardcore covid policy didnt go into a lockdown when the number where like 70k plus a day.I may very well be wrong but i dont see lockdown at least real ones being an issue worldwide.

As for canada your cases havent gone up dramatically and lower cap is more like a proactive decision and nothing more.

Look dude unless you live here you can't comment on what's going on here. Our prime minister and our premiers have gone full dictator mode. We're going to be in full lockdown either just before Christmas or just after it.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, Firepower said:

But what about death of adult-oriented films?

they were dying pre-CoVID as well.

besides, this was done to detail during NTTD. NTTD didn't fail to bring older audience, it failed to make younger audience interested in it. Older audience are one that watched it.

But that doesn't fit with narrative created that older audience aren't coming, etc. etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

they were dying pre-CoVID as well.

besides, this was done to detail during NTTD. NTTD didn't fail to bring older audience, it failed to make younger audience interested in it. Older audience are one that watched it.

But that doesn't fit with narrative created that older audience aren't coming, etc. etc.

It's not generic older audience...

It's older female audience (which NTTD was never a high draw for) all year and now also becoming clear, the 12 and under audience...we'll see how Spidey does drawing both - it reminds me of a line, "Help me, Spiderman Kenobi, you're my only hope"...at least, I think that's how it went when the movie theaters said it this week...

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

My thoughts on the MCU are well known but at least Spider-Man is doing these numbers as a real deal A-List superhero and not some Z-Lister the content machine farted out. Spider-Man is at least an actual big thing people have cared about for fifty years. So I ain't mad at it.

This seems like a very odd thing to care about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

My thoughts on the MCU are well known but at least Spider-Man is doing these numbers as a real deal A-List superhero and not some Z-Lister the content machine farted out. Spider-Man is at least an actual big thing people have cared about for fifty years. So I ain't mad at it.

If a Z lister hero do these numbers then it becomes "a big thing" what a bizarre thing to say.

Edited by Fox20
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I don't see how it's odd at all. Spider-Man is a cultural icon for decades, and so I can't chalk up people going crazy for this movie to simply a bunch of endless MCU branding. Shang-Chi and Eternals are just replaceable IP, and Spider-Man is timeless. That's my point.

Your complain still doesnt make sense but nvr.Just ingnore the mcu movies , from the moment that you dont like them, let people enjoy what they enjoy.

Edited by john2000

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

I don't see how it's odd at all. Spider-Man is a cultural icon for decades, and so I can't chalk up people going crazy for this movie to simply a bunch of endless MCU branding. Shang-Chi and Eternals are just replaceable IP, and Spider-Man is timeless. That's my point.

You know that any "cultural icon" starts out as a "replaceable IP," right? 

• Like 2

I'm done arguing about it. My point has clearly been lost. I am looking forward to seeing Spider-Man today with my family and am very happy to see box office doing well despite the pandemic, and genuinely hope people enjoy.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Seeing NWH doing this massive is a very joyful yet sad situation. We really have to wait for a film with monstrous level of hype to bring back audience. Even among high profile tentpoles, the hype NWH is actually quite sizeable and unusual and we can't be hoping every film is NWH or even half of it.

RIP, the diversity of cinema...        

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Who could have thought in 2014,2015,2016 with all the doom and gloom, toxic reactions for the third reboot, "who needs Spider-man" (read Homecoming's thread here on Bot) that third movie of the trilogy will almost certainly walk out with a 200 million opening. TAMS2 did 202 million domestic. Unbelivable. (ignoring doing it during a pandemic).

I strongly believed in Homecoming and I loved that movie. I had the feeling with time more and more people would join in, they needed a push thanks to Infinity War and Endgame I guess.

:Venom:

Edited by XO21

Just now, Menor said:

Yes, but if a "replaceable IP" was doing these numbers, then it wouldn't be replaceable anymore. Black Panther and Wakanda were not that well known before the film but now? Iconic.

as Jack Kirby said (roughly):

After Marvel was sold to someone else a few decades ago he said "They didn't even pay what Ant-Man was worth"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Seeing NWH doing this massive is a very joyful yet sad situation. We really have to wait for a film with monstrous level of hype to bring back audience. Even among high profile tentpoles, the hype NWH is actually quite sizeable and unusual and we can't be hoping every film is NWH or even half of it.

RIP, the diversity of cinema...        

I wonder if we'll ever see another Titanic or Avatar run ever again. Relatively recent massive surprising runs were still based on big IP (Joker and Bohemian Rhapsody).