Eric Prime

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** NO WAY HOME SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

31 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

I was really surprised at how much chemistry the 3 spider-men had with each other. It honestly felt like little brother, middle brother and big brother. I kinda hope the scoop of Feige wanting them back for Secret Wars avengers event movie is true

Same. I was worried that the three of them together would feel weird, cheap, or off but it worked so well. There was such a genuine brotherly vibe between them that I'd love to see them all together again. 

Edited by EmmaPeel
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, BK007 said:

Why have they all forgotten who he is? They are just meant to forget he's Spider Man.

That was going to be the original spell.  At the end Dr Strange said it was too late to do that spell and the only option was to erase PP completely.

• Like 1

Actually, now that I think about it, I have a few other things to bring up. Once again, there is still no acknowledgement of Uncle Ben in the MCU. Maguire and Garfield’s Spider-Men explicitly mention their Bens, but we get nothing from Holland. Furthermore, I would’ve thought that Aunt May’s gravestone would be next to his, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Is it fair at this point to assume that the MCU Peter Parker never had an Uncle Ben?

Also, this movie seems to confirm that Oscorp doesn’t exist in the MCU. Does that officially rule out the odds of seeing a proper MCU version of the Green Goblin? 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Actually, now that I think about it, I have a few other things to bring up. Once again, there is still no acknowledgement of Uncle Ben in the MCU. Maguire and Garfield’s Spider-Men explicitly mention their Bens, but we get nothing from Holland. Furthermore, I would’ve thought that Aunt May’s gravestone would be next to his, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Is it fair at this point to assume that the MCU Peter Parker never had an Uncle Ben?

Also, this movie seems to confirm that Oscorp doesn’t exist in the MCU. Does that officially rule out the odds of seeing a proper MCU version of the Green Goblin? 

He does hes just not prominent like other movies. He alludes to him in civil war if i remember right and May does in Far From Home.

Honestly, I think this film would have been much better if they went all out with the multiverse stuff and had Spider-Gwen, and other Peter Parkers and whatnot. Also, they teased at all the villains coming through the Multiverse and honestly that would have been one hell of a finale. Lizard is way underused. They should have just cut him from the movie altogether and focus on Doc Ock, Goblin, and Electro...or just go all out and do full Spider-Verse. I was happy though that Kevin Feige said fuck you to Sony Electro and made him fucking awesome instead of that disgrace we got in TASM2.

Garfield was great in this. Tobey didn't look healthy and underweight and his performance was rocky. Honestly, they should have killed him off. It would have been a good send off, especially because his acting chops aren't what they once were. I know May died, and they probably didn't want to overdo the deaths.

And, fuck, the whole spell thing sucks balls. With that said, can't wait for MoM.

23 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It would seem Uncle Ben doesn't exist in this universe or never married Aunt May. I think we will get an MCU Osborne but he may not become Green Goblin in the MCU and be more of a Lex Luthor villain like he became later on in the comics.

Couple quick points before I read the thread:

- Andrew Garfield is the GOAT Spider-Man

- No bullshit my biggest reaction in this film was the end when Holland made his own suit at the end and it was classic.  No more Iron tech crap!!!

- The chemistry of the three Spider-Man was great!

- The plot and second act of this film is a damn mess.

- Dafoe was brilliant. 

Excited for the future!

• Like 4
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Where do they go from here?

I feel like McGuire AND Garfield movies would make money? Garfield especially has so much left to give. 

They should do a real live-action Spider-Verse movie, not this watered down version, but start bringing in all the Spider-Men and Women. Fuck, after this film, a full on Spider-Verse movie would make a fuck ton of money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CloneWars said:

It would seem Uncle Ben doesn't exist in this universe or never married Aunt May. I think we will get an MCU Osborne but he may not become Green Goblin in the MCU and be more of a Lex Luthor villain like he became later on in the comics.

Uncle Ben's explicitly mentioned by Peter in What If, so he at the very least exists in the mcu

23 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Uncle Ben's explicitly mentioned by Peter in What If, so he at the very least exists in the mcu

But, that's a peter from a different dimension. The question is does the Peter Parker from MCU proper have an Uncle Ben.,

24 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Wait, it just occurred to me that this movie acts like it was common knowledge in the Raimi universe that Norman Osborn was the Green Goblin. That seems like a bit of an oopsie on the part of the writers. 

Maybe people learned after the fact, but then again, Harry didn't seem to know until the end of Spider-Man 2....or maybe he did but didn't know Norman had a secret lair until he broke the mirror.  But, yah, it does seem like an oopsie or they didn't care because they needed a way to explain if the villains got sent back they would die. I do like though how by curing the villains that they have now opened it up to bring them back again in sequels...especially if we get more live-action Spider-Man multiverse movies.