Eric Duncan

Everything Everywhere All At Once | March 25, 2022 | A24 | Michelle Yeoh | From the Swiss Army Man directors | Profit of 32M

I get that this is an opportune time for EEAAO since the rest of the summer is pretty open, but A24 also has Marcel the Shell and Bodies Bodies Bodies on their plate right now - the former of which has been in limited release for a few weeks and they aren't fully clear on their release plans after walking back the originally planned wide release last weekend. Feels like both of these movies have potential to do well for the rest of the summer if A24 gives them proper attention and doesn't put all their tokens in EEAAO. Plus EEAAO has the opportunity for an awards-season-hype re-release in the fall and/or winter, which isn't an opportunity these other A24 releases will have.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, harrisonisdead said:

I get that this is an opportune time for EEAAO since the rest of the summer is pretty open, but A24 also has Marcel the Shell and Bodies Bodies Bodies on their plate right now - the former of which has been in limited release for a few weeks and they aren't fully clear on their release plans after walking back the originally planned wide release last weekend. Feels like both of these movies have potential to do well for the rest of the summer if A24 gives them proper attention and doesn't put all their tokens in EEAAO. Plus EEAAO has the opportunity for an awards-season-hype re-release in the fall and/or winter, which isn't an opportunity these other A24 releases will have.

Family film probably isn’t what A24 best at but marcel seem taking a back seat now. They should expand marcel this weekend before superpets while momentum is still here.

The Matrix for the post internet ADD generation. Or Eternal Sunshine, take your pick. I know, everyone’s made that comparison, and I’m not even saying that as an insult: it’s a miracle a movie like this can still get made (thank god it wasn’t a ten part streaming show) and I can see why it was a sleeper hit.

If I saw this as a teen it’d have been my favourite film ever, and that’s high praise! But I’m a crotchety old man now, and 2.5 hours of cocaine pacing with absurdist humour makes me feel it.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

If I saw this as a teen it’d have been my favourite film ever, and that’s high praise! But I’m a crotchety old man now, and 2.5 hours of cocaine pacing with absurdist humour makes me feel it.

This hits way too hard:hahaha:

I wanna rewatch it, I think I'll like it more on a second watch now that I know what to expect. I don't dislike absurdist humor, I still watch Rick & Morty (which this reminded me of a bit) and a bunch of dumb Adult Swim stuff, but the wackiness felt a bit forced at times. The final act made me genuinely emotional and teary-eyed in a way I haven't felt at the movies in a long time though.

Edited by MOVIEGUY

lol that's exactly what i said earlier in the thread. i had fun with it but it's a little exhausting by the end but if i had seen it when i was fourteen i would've made it my entire religion. this is definitely gonna be a gateway drug for today's young future film dorks in the way the movies you mentioned were for me and i think that's cool

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 4