Cap

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread (December 2021 - July 2023)

16 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

Have any atp for those two to compare to?

I didn't pull ticket prices for either of those, but I did pull RRR today.  It has sold 1,294 tickets for 37,031.96. An ATP of... $28.62!

There were many shows that were going for over $30.  Surprisingly, the cheaper showtimes were nearly empty 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah. ATP is fixed. 

FGpvW72UYAUJupr?format=jpg&name=large

I think the biggest issue RRR is facing compared to Bahubali is the Indian freedom struggle based story. There seems to be a cap on how much people want to actually watch of that era anymore. Maybe this bucks the trend, but so far apparently sales in India aren't great. 

42 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think the biggest issue RRR is facing compared to Bahubali is the Indian freedom struggle based story. There seems to be a cap on how much people want to actually watch of that era anymore. Maybe this bucks the trend, but so far apparently sales in India aren't great. 

The biggest issue is that RRR is just a Telugu film directed by Baahubali director. Baahubali 2 did $11.5M in Telugu in USA and $10M in other two. RRR will target $11-12M in Telugu and others may be $1-3M.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The biggest issue is that RRR is just a Telugu film directed by Baahubali director. Baahubali 2 did $11.5M in Telugu in USA and $10M in other two. RRR will target $11-12M in Telugu and others may be $1-3M.

Yeah. NTR and Ram Charan are way more known as Telugu actors than Prabhas was during Bahubali. Allu Arjun is known as a Telugu actor but was unrecognizable in Pushpa which helped with the North audiences. 

RRR is in a weird place with the subject and the cast for sure, not to mention Kashmir Files still doing really well in India enroute to what looks like a possible 300 Crore run.

1 hour ago, cooldude97 said:

wonder if this will effect Sonic 2's pre-sales?

Well, now wouldn’t it be nice if in generations from now, the pandemic will be seen as “bookended by the two Sonic movies”

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Well, now wouldn’t it be nice if in generations from now, the pandemic will be seen as “bookended by the two Sonic movies”

Basically course correction. Sonic started Paramount win streak and started the Pandemic. With Sonic 2, Paramount will be back to burning cash. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

53 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol, fuck this. I think my Regal subscription will cover this, but none of my friends can watch it with me now (cuz no one in their right mind will pay $22 to watch it in a mid cinema).

Well when distributor are fool enough to shell idiotic $6-7M for market your potential is 300-350k admits, these moronic pricing are gonna happen.

• Sad 1