Cap

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread (December 2021 - July 2023)

14 hours ago, M37 said:

Hopefully @Inceptionzq drops off a Drafthouse update to get a look at weekend sales, see if Friday/Thursday matches the ~1.3x of ATSV that lead to a 7x IM

Been on a camping trip, was planning on getting back in time to do a final Thursday update, but got delayed unfortunately. I'll get FSS at least.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vafrow said:

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny T-0

Milton, Ontario

Early show close update.

Walk ups decent by a percentage factor, roughly tripling early morning pull, going from 16 to 51. But starting so slow, it doesn't make up a lot of ground.

0.372 of Fast X for $2.8M

0.150 of ATSV for $2.6M

0.425 of Flash for $4.1M

0.459 of T:ROTB for $4.0M

0.689 of TLM for $7.1M

0.408 of JW4 for $3.6M

0.193 of GOTG3 for $3.4M

I'll try and update for final late show figures if anything changes significantly.

Late sales did see a bit of a surge, enough to bump the total to 62, which would increase comps by about 20%. It's a bit encouraging, but, for context, looking at ATSV tonight, it sold about triple the tickets than Indy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think Joy Ride is going to come in on the low end of BOP's tracking tbh, there doesn't seem to be much buzz despite the critical acclaim. Just hoping it doesn't flatline completely like Bros did.

I honestly haven’t even heard of this movie outside of BOT Forums.

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think Joy Ride is going to come in on the low end of BOP's tracking tbh, there doesn't seem to be much buzz despite the critical acclaim. Just hoping it doesn't flatline completely like Bros did.

It’s so hard to make new stars. Stephanie Hsu is coming off of A24’s largest movie ever and an Oscar nom, but there still doesn’t seem to be any hype for this movie at all. 

7 minutes ago, rehpyc said:

Indy going to final bet 7.75M +/- .25M

Considering the doom and gloom that has been going on already would be not be too bad and with good WOM and a holiday weekend IM 60 would be the floor I think. Massive disappointment yes but no Flash that is for sure. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

Considering the doom and gloom that has been going on already would be not be too bad and with good WOM and a holiday weekend IM 60 would be the floor I think. Massive disappointment yes but no Flash that is for sure. 

Indy's budget is $75-95m more than Flash

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, emoviefan said:

That's like saying losing 1-10 in Soccer is massive disappointment but at least not as bad as losing 0-10...........

• Haha 3