Eric Prime

No Way Home Weekdays/Matrix & Sing Thread (12/20-23) | 37.1M Monday/32M Tues | King's Man 800K Previews

Keep in mind pretty much every theater is starting their last shows for all movies at 8:00 tonight, so that's naturally gonna cut into Friday business (but could also lead to especially large increases tomorrow with Christmas falling on a Saturday).

35 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Who the hell cares, even though i agree that the acadamy is biased against this genre its not like it matters in the end lol.

I mean yes there is bias against superhero movies. For me, all of the ones I think should’ve got nominations did get something. Logan, Black Panther and Into The Spider-Verse all got recognized be it a best picture nod for Panther, a screenplay nod for Logan or Spider-Verse winning a best feature so to speak. I do think the later two should’ve have also got nominations for BP as well. I hate Joker but it also got a lot of damn nominations. Personal I just don’t think I have seen a CBM in my opinion since those ones that earned a nomination.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Am I missing something? The Numbers has the Spider-Man franchise at $7.15 billion right now with NWH contributing  $779 million so far.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Spider-Man#tab=summary

I usually reference the Wikipedia List of highest grossing franchises. They appear to differ in respect to the spiderverse movies (which should clearly be included imo) and Sony’s Spider-man Universe (which is a little more dubious but I do understand where they’re coming from).

Edited by Weird Alegion
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GoblinXXR said:

Readjusting my weekend expectations based on historical data....

$19M Friday 

$38M Saturday

$34M Sunday 
$27M Monday 

If you're going historical data then Sunday should see small drop or even flat from Saturday

21 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

Readjusting my weekend expectations based on historical data....

$19M Friday 

$38M Saturday

$34M Sunday 
$27M Monday 

I would be disappointed with Friday under $20M

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I'm REALLY not enjoying having a single thread for daily numbers when there's a big release.

An utter clusterfuck.

We really don't need this many threads when even NWH "struggle" to get 100 pages. Plus, opening a thread for every single thread is kind of non-sensical when we can blend 4 days weekend or even Thanskgiving weekend (5 days) thread into single thread before the pandemic.

And this is even funnier when the whole Chinese box office are only discussed only in a thread with above 2000+ pages but it is a single largest market in the world. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Sony is also doing the smart thing by not trying to create a streaming service to compete with the others but licensing the rights to stream their movies to various streaming services and focusing on theatrical content.

They know their library can't compete enough to justify a streaming service.

8 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Technically they already have one it’s called Crackle but I don’t think they take it seriously.

They sold Crackle to a corporation behind the Chicken Soup For The Soul books.

• Haha 1