EmpireCity

Christmas Weekend Thread (24-26 Dec). No Way Home (84.5m) | Matrix (22.5m 5 day) | Sing 2 (39.4m 5 day)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

I’m very saddened by the Matrix’s box office but I realize that it’s been sacrificed at the alter of steaming. If HBOMAX gets more subscribers then Warner is more than willing to make that trade. 

32.5 million cow NWH would be quite an outstanding boost from the estimated 30.1 for today. Considering Zack in the tracking thread informed us that at Alpha, the walkups were excellent yesterday, then today was even better. Maybe there’s hope yet for tomorrow to reach well over 20 million. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, john2000 said:

any guess about sun ?

9 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

21 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Sorry, I was looking at the wrong number.  I think it will be flat or increase over the actual Christmas Day number.  

$32m - $32.5m

Good news: The system works 

Bad news: Mon ☠️

12 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

32.5-33
8.8-9
3.6 OMG

+3% (vs -5 est)

+6% (vs +20 est!)

-20% (vs ~+7% est!)  

I think this confirms omicron issues. Matrix 3day looking below ITH I guess, unbelievably bad even relative to what I thought on Th.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

+3% (vs -5 est)

+6% (vs +20 est!)

-20% (vs ~+7% est!)  

I think this confirms omicron issues. Matrix 3day looking below ITH I guess, unbelievably bad even relative to what I thought on Th.

and people keep saying covid has no impact on the potential gross of movie

almost all movie have dissapointing weekend (even Sing 2 with A+ cinemascore and being a family friendly movie) and they acted like only NWH bad

Edit: and Matrix, omg, it has mixed audience reception but it dropped even  20% 

Edited by Danhjpn

8 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Now it really feels like meltdown.

As I said yesterday.

"sabse pehle aapne ghabrana nhi hai"

Google it.

so basically:

(And I picked the bad version because it means something worse right)

(Actually this isn’t a bad version. Darren kind of nails it. But Glee normally is the bad version)