Eric Duncan

Weekday Numbers (12/27-30) | Asgard 2 says 20.5 Thursday for NWH | Derby is Back!

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Naa that was minor thing. Settled on Monday itself.

These are just estimates, actuals can be easily over. Wednesday is sureshot $20.5M.

Then actuals should bump up by couple of million since Sony has been underreporting every day.

14 minutes ago, JonahVex said:

What are we thinking for tonight? 25m?

Well, I’m not thinking it but I am curious after doing my presales count. Given that tomorrow is a day off for a large amount of people domestically, I’m curious to see what kind of increase we get today. 

As long as it’s over $20M, I’ll be happy but $22M+ would be nice to see.

2 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

Well, I’m not thinking it but I am curious after doing my presales count. Given that tomorrow is a day off for a large amount of people domestically, I’m curious to see what kind of increase we get today. 

As long as it’s over $20M, I’ll be happy but $22M+ would be nice to see.

What kind of drop off are you expecting on NYE? 17-18m?

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I have NWH doing $33M in 4th weekend for total of $661M.

From there,

TFA did 2.95x, gives $758m

Rogue One did 2.5x, gives $743M

TLJ did 2.02x, gives $727M.

Choose your own adventure

I'll take 2.25x and whatever that gives us. 

14 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I have NWH doing $33M in 4th weekend for total of $661M.

From there,

TFA did 2.95x, gives $758m

Rogue One did 2.5x, gives $743M

TLJ did 2.02x, gives $727M.

Choose your own adventure

$33M in 4th weekend ? That would be huge, I was more thinking of something like $20M-$25M if $45M in 3rd weekend.

• Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, JonahVex said:

TFA multipler gets it oh so close to Avatar,  if it gets that close we might see some people go and watch against just to help it get over that hump like they did with Endgame back in 2019

I would say that was a different case though. Endgame was within striking distance of taking the #1 WW crown from Avatar, which seemed an insurmountable goal for a decade. They also released an extended theatrical cut to further entice viewers to return. I don't think getting to #3 DOM is as big a deal for them to try to push NWH over.

1 hour ago, LPLC said:

$33M in 4th weekend ? That would be huge, I was more thinking of something like $20M-$25M if $45M in 3rd weekend.

45m would be a disaster all things considered. Should comfortably cross 50m+ and will probably be close to 40m with just Friday and Saturday (and yes, that accounts for it dropping on Friday.) 

7 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

31 - 14M

1 Jan - 19M

2 - 15M

3 - 6M

4 - 6.5M

5 - 4.9M

6 - 4.4M

7 - 8.4M

8 - 13.5M

9 - 8.6M

30.5M (-37%). 656M by Sunday. Titanic to sink on the following Tuesday. 

Tuesday the 4th will drop from the 3rd, as the rest of schools make it back in. Usually its the 2nd week before (precovid) the Tuesday increases were normal again. 

And obviously 2010/11 is too far back to be a complete follow but it gives a good picture of how this coming week should behave in theory, particularly the daily drops most of the week and rare increases. 

Edited by narniadis
  • Thanks 1