Eric Loves Rey

Weekday Numbers (12/27-30) | Asgard 2 says 20.5 Thursday for NWH | Derby is Back!

Here is what No Way Home's third weekend could be

If it has The Last Jedi's drop it would be $62M

If it drops like Rogue One it would be $65M

If it drops like The Force Awakens it would be $50M

I did not include Rise of Skywalker since it's third weekend came after New Years Eve/New Years.

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

I think he is going to be right.  The original cast back is going to kick the nostalgia factor way up, and right now that is what is selling and moves the needle.  It will do much better than FK.  

One factor is the returning cast and the other is that “dinos are out in the world now” is a stronger hook than “back to the island v4.0”

• Like 1

Just now, Product Driven Legion said:

One factor is the returning cast and the other is that “dinos are out in the world now” is a stronger hook than “back to the island v4.0”

agree. This is by far the biggest movie of the summer on paper. 
If they market it right, with the OG cast, and can really deliver on that ‘dinos in suburbia’ promise the last one made - hold on to your butts $$$$

I'll be the first to admit that the idea of "Flintstones but Jurassic Park" the ending to Fallen Kingdom teases is a brilliant one and something I would have been all over as a kid. And despite my misgivings about the Jurassic World series (y'all are lucky I'm a mod, because I could go on a rant about how awful those two movies are), I know for a fact it'll make gobs of money just on that idea alone. And also member berries.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

I've got Wednesday dropping 6-8% from today. 

Looks like meltdown is back on the menu :sparta:  

I would definitely comp to Mon instead of today, not sure if you’re already doing that.

19 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

I would definitely comp to Mon instead of today, not sure if you’re already doing that.

What is the ATP for ticket price on Tue (discount day)? And comparing to normal day? 

20 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Oh if I comped the presales it would be much worse. My theater is at 253 for tomorrow, vs 432 for Monday and 490 for today at the same time. I doubt it's dropping 41% vs Monday but I do think tomorrow will come in about $2M less than today, and Thursday will be $2M less than Wednesday. 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

It’s a bit lower Tues than I wanted but discounts make it hard to interpret. As long as Wed increases from this I’m okay.

I don't think there's going to be much of a Discount Tuesday bump, at least not from where I'm looking. Almost went to see Nightmare Alley today (now going to see it Thursday) and all of the theaters I looked at are suspending the discount pricing for this week due to the holidays. Not sure if that's happening everywhere though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

Oh if I comped the presales it would be much worse. My theater is at 253 for tomorrow, vs 432 for Monday and 490 for today at the same time. I doubt it's dropping 41% vs Monday but I do think tomorrow will come in about $2M less than today, and Thursday will be $2M less than Wednesday. 

Ooh. Thursday dropping 2M from Wed will indeed be a surprise

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Why are some of you comparing trending with IW & EG. This is entirely different. The only comparison that can be made is with December releases.

Do you have data for the comparison with other movies in December?

27 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

I have WED around 18 currently aka 28% drop from MON