Eric S'ennui

Meg 2: The Trench (aka 2 Meg 2 Furious) | August 4, 2023 | Filming starts now

It'll be very interesting to see how this movie does outside of China. As I've said in other threads, we live in an era where audiences are more fickle and critical than ever before, and won't settle for dumb fun unless it has a strong hook attached. This movie should've been out during the early months of 2020, before everything changed. I feel like it's too late now, but we'll see what happens.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The GOAT said:

The competition will cut the massive walkups that it had in the first one, which imo was lightning in a bottle.  

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I don't think they'll be able to capture the same BO magic. 

That the first one was not very good won't help either.

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

this had better be a trashy B-movie. The first one promised to be that and turned out to be a normal action film taking itself too seriously.

Yeah, the first one sort of tried to deny it was basically a trashy Jaws wannbe, rather then embrace it and have some fun with it.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Avatree said:

this had better be a trashy B-movie. The first one promised to be that and turned out to be a normal action film taking itself too seriously.

Unfortunately mainstream audiences typically don't sign on for that unless it goes viral (like Megan). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Do we know a budget for this?

There are conflicting reports of a budget between 145M and 170M i found, but not exactly from offical sources. Theres also no budget listed on Wikipedia. But id expect Deadline, Variety or so to write about it once the movie opens at the latest.