Eric Lasagna

President's Day Weekend Thread: Uncharted 3.7 Previews, Dog 1.26

1 minute ago, AdrianL said:

I saw familes with small children at my showing of Uncharted lol. Turning Red goint straight to streaming was suuuuuch a dumb move.

All according to plan for Sonic 2 to become the new Shrek 2

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

This whole scenario is why I thought for a long time that Spider-Man is easily crossing $800m.  

Easily seems like a stretch. It will still be ~28M away after this weekend and it should have a considerable drop against The Batman and even next weekend. I do want it to cross the 800M so hopefully you are right and it gets there, easily or not. 

Just now, snarkmachine said:

If these are the numbers Tom can pull with a bad movie, imagine what he could do if someone gave him an actual good project to star in.

Is it a bad movie or are the critics much older than the audience and care about different stuff?

12 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think Tom Holland could be one to save Bond & get new generation of fans. 

Are they going for a really young bond? I think they need to stick with an someone that’s not so well established. Both Holland and Pattinson are too well known at this point with franchise baggage. I am personally rooting for Rege Jean Page 

Edited by babz06
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Easily seems like a stretch. It will still be ~28M away after this weekend and it should have a considerable drop against The Batman and even next weekend. I do want it to cross the 800M so hopefully you are right and it gets there, easily or not. 

It will less than $20m away by the time The Batman comes out.  There is absolutely nothing to take it off screen at any theater with 8 or more screens until at least when Morbius comes out.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

So far there is no bad film impact. It is doing as much as it would have done if it was good.

Maybe it would have done 70M in 4 days. Who knows.