Eric S'ennui

President's Day Weekend Thread: Uncharted 3.7 Previews, Dog 1.26

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Eternals had the worst WOM for any MCU film but....

Its best MCU film since Infinity War for me.

I loved Eternals too, it was my favorite MCU since Endgame (until NWH came out)

4 minutes ago, Eric Drake said:

Now this is what I was looking for and expected. I was kind of underwhelmed by matching Nile, but going well above it and Gucci's 3-Day is what I like seeing.

It did good. Now i'm curios about The Lost City. Rooting for 30M OW

• Like 1

Spider-Man: No Way Home grossed an estimated $7.20M over the 3-day weekend (from 2,956 locations). Estimated 4-day weekend gross is $8.8M. Estimated total gross through Monday stands at $771.74M.

#SpiderManNoWayHome #BoxOffice @SonyPictures @SpiderManMovie

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Dare I say it, this top 5 or so vaguely look like pre-pandemic times in terms of numbers. This is much more like it. 

I know we’re not getting as many movies released theatrically at the moment, but it’s kind of nice to see some films holding up well. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Dare I say it, this top 5 or so vaguely look like pre-pandemic times in terms of numbers. This is much more like it. 

I know we’re not getting as many movies released theatrically at the moment, but it’s kind of nice to see some films holding up well. 

I'm just happy that a year ago people were saying movie theatres were dying and it seems like the pandemic didn't change people's minds about going out to watch movies at the big screen. I got scared for a while there, lol.

These are very good numbers and theatres are still not even working at their fullest. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Dog is looking at a very nice run for the next month.  This is exactly the kind of movie people were predicting would be streaming going forward, but nope - there’s more than decent money to be made from genres that have been written off. 

It also sets up the Channing Tatum comeback year narrative.  The Lost City is going to pick up steam because of this as well.  

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

This weekend remind me AQP2+cruella combo opening week during Memorial weekend, only with bigger share from holdovers.