Eric is Anxious

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

And people doubted Batman 😎

Just wait for those legs now. 400m is pretty much in reach. Biggest DC success since Dark Knight.

That will be Wonder Woman…in terms of legs.

1 hour ago, iHeartJames said:

My initial choice would be Ana De Armas but I wouldn’t mind Gaga. I know Twitter’s popular choice is Megan Fox

She seems to be the go-to for fancasting these days. Is it because of Knives Out? 

28 minutes ago, CJohn said:

My main takeway of this thread is that it was Saturday night and nobody was having sex :sadfleck:

Too busy doing exciting things to bother with sex

Like vintage cube

Edited by Villain Legion
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, thedast said:

Social media can be a bubble. Seen mostly praise like you, but I've also seen a notable amount say it was boring or overhyped, they fell asleep or people in their theatre walked out. Worth keeping in mind. Think despite the condescending DC fans saying young people wouldn't like this because they only like MCU jokes, young people (not including kids and under 16s) seem to be the ones that liked it most (might also be because it's the first one to come out that many can remember, I wouldn't be surprised if it's mostly older people who've seen half a dozen Batman movies in their lifetime or loved Bale that may be less enthusiastic, kind of like how people who were kids when the Tobey was Spider-man came out can't warm to Andrew or Tom no matter what).  Anyway, per deadline...

A heavily male crowd here for The Batman at 67%, with the roaring moviegoing 18-34 crowd repping 62%, per PostTrak. Diversity draw was 41% Caucasian, 26% Latino and Hispanic, 17% Black, and 16% Asian/other. CinemaScore audience diagnostics are showing males at 65%, giving the movie an A-, females a B+ at 35%. Those over 35 repped 31% of the crowd, while those over 50 showed up at 11%. A-s grades largely throughout all demos.

Since it's technically PG-13, and I have kids...kids who have gone to other "real" movies (aka, who've graduated from the "only sees animated/family tier"), especially other supers movies, can watch this movie...and can love this movie.  Mine did, and I still have an under 10:)...

• Like 1