CJohn

Alien: Romulus | August 16, 2024 | Fede Alvarez | See the original Alien in theaters on April 26

4 hours ago, Jonwo said:

People forget that while critics liked Covenant, audiences didn't like it hence why 20th decided to go in a different direction for Romulus. 

Could that be because the film couldn't decide whether it wanted to be a horror or a Prometheus sequel, leaving no-one fully satisfied? Pometheus ended with Shaw wanting to go where 'they' came from, then we just get that part as a brief flashback (which for me ended up being the best part of the movie) rather than being the whole movie. 

10 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

My question is, will this movie be too scary for my co workers, the ops crew?

A job in ops is scarier than all the alien movies combined. Definitely leads to more sleepless nights

From the reactions i'm getting:

"It's a nostalgia tribute to the original well executed so fans will like It to see It. 

But It's not a future Classic and something you kinda forget about"

Basically what these nostalgia operations are for every saga- brand.

It's stil at least something. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This divisive discourse is getting out of hand 

Majority of these reactions seemed to loved the ending, there’s just a few talking about being divisive 

It’s probably best to wait at least reviews to see if this complains appears a lot 

15 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It’s probably best to wait at least reviews to see if this complains appears a lot 

Wait for real audience reviews. If third act is a problem, it'll be reflected in its scores.

I haven't read any spoilers but feel like the reactions aren't exactly being subtle in the way they're alluding to this business in the third act so I've pretty much worked out what it is. hmmm.

I haven't worked out what the third act is but I support it regardless of what it is because otherwise this sounds like a pretty paint by numbers albeit well-made tribute band.

Just gonna pop in here to say that Don’t Breathe is awesome. If there was ever an audition to direct “movie where group of young people are trapped in an enclosed space with a monster that’s trying to kill them” (aka Alien lol), Alvarez freaking nailed it.

• Like 6