Eric Prime

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire | March 29, 2024 | They're boyfriends now

16 minutes ago, ChiefBrody said:

How much do views and likes on a trailer play into early tracking or predictions?

They dont really play into tracking per se, but its an early indicator of general interest/buzz surrounding a movie. For example, if the trailer would only have like 4M views by now, i would be concerned that people dont really care about the film. But 12M views so far speak for themselves, especially since the same trailer is available on dozens of other plattforms than just YouTube. Trailer likes are a seconday indication how positive the reception to the trailer is. If a trailer has 10M views but only 80K likes, that could be a sign of high interest but disappointment at the trailer. 500K with 12M views again seems really good.

Still, this is all just early buzz guessing basically, but its fun nonetheless to look at these things.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 4:30 PM, Cmasterclay said:

Saw Minus One today. Loved it. Shame what a stinking bore this looks like just like the last two. A bunch of fantastical souless bullshit without an ounce of stakes or scale. Minus One is proof these movies don't have to be dumb garbage.

Godzilla Deal With It GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Uh i knew i would have to do this someday and i have time today, so ...

Godzilla ranking!

01. Godzilla Minus One - yes, im already going there. 
02. Godzilla: King of the Monsters (my personal dream movie even with its script flaws)

03. Gojira 1954 - still holds up so well, especially thematically.

04. Godzilla (2014) - so goooooooooooooooooood

05. Shin Godzilla - after the 3rd watch or so, even the meeting room scenes i began to love

06. GMK (2001) - Minus One before Minus One came out, but ofc with way more cheese, delicious cheese

07. Godzilla vs Kong - Fun as hell.

08. Godzilla vs Destoroyah - good story, cool fights, emotional ending, a true classic in the series

09. Godzilla vs King Ghidorah (1991) - absolutely absurd, great entertainment

10. Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla - Millenium goodness

11. Godzilla vs Biollante - I liked the plant monster very much

12. Godzilla: Final Wars - the most ridiculous movie after the Showa Era ended. Complete Trash, but very fun trash

13. King Kong vs Godzilla - One of the first anti-capitalism movies with in-depth media criticism as well. Oh, also the fights are so funny

14. Destroy all Monsters - Poor Ghidorah. Btw, 1st half of the movie better is skipped lol

15. Godzilla 2000 - very solid

16. Godzilla Tokyo S.O.S - solid as well

17. The Return of Godzilla - like the next 5 or so movies, these are interchangable. I like all of them.

18. Mothra vs Godzilla

19. Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (Rodan is so funny in this)

20. Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II

21. Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla

22. Terror of Mechagodzilla

23. Godzilla vs Mothra - kind of ... boring at times 

24. Godzilla vs Megalon - i just cant hate this

25. Ebirah, Horror of the Deep - funny.

26. Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla - it drags, but also funny moments

27. Invasion of Astro-Monster - apart the final fights, there isnt that much here to enjoy sadly

28. Godzilla vs Megaguirus - trash. Even with the funny body slam scene and the whole "Lets put Godzilla in a Black Hole"-plot (yes, youve read that right), it just falls flat

29. The 3 Anime movies - animation style just threw me off, i dont like it.
30. All Monsters Attack - the only one i actually kind of hate. Although i have to admit - some scenes are cute.

Still havent seen Godzilla raids again, Son of Godzilla, Godzilla vs Hedorah and Godzilla vs Gigan.

• Astonished 1

42 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Uh i knew i would have to do this someday and i have time today, so ...

Godzilla ranking!

01. Godzilla Minus One - yes, im already going there. 
02. Godzilla: King of the Monsters (my personal dream movie even with its script flaws)

03. Gojira 1954 - still holds up so well, especially thematically.

04. Godzilla (2014) - so goooooooooooooooooood

05. Shin Godzilla - after the 3rd watch or so, even the meeting room scenes i began to love

06. GMK (2001) - Minus One before Minus One came out, but ofc with way more cheese, delicious cheese

07. Godzilla vs Kong - Fun as hell.

08. Godzilla vs Destoroyah - good story, cool fights, emotional ending, a true classic in the series

09. Godzilla vs King Ghidorah (1991) - absolutely absurd, great entertainment

10. Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla - Millenium goodness

11. Godzilla vs Biollante - I liked the plant monster very much

12. Godzilla: Final Wars - the most ridiculous movie after the Showa Era ended. Complete Trash, but very fun trash

13. King Kong vs Godzilla - One of the first anti-capitalism movies with in-depth media criticism as well. Oh, also the fights are so funny

14. Destroy all Monsters - Poor Ghidorah. Btw, 1st half of the movie better is skipped lol

15. Godzilla 2000 - very solid

16. Godzilla Tokyo S.O.S - solid as well

17. The Return of Godzilla - like the next 5 or so movies, these are interchangable. I like all of them.

18. Mothra vs Godzilla

19. Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (Rodan is so funny in this)

20. Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II

21. Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla

22. Terror of Mechagodzilla

23. Godzilla vs Mothra - kind of ... boring at times 

24. Godzilla vs Megalon - i just cant hate this

25. Ebirah, Horror of the Deep - funny.

26. Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla - it drags, but also funny moments

27. Invasion of Astro-Monster - apart the final fights, there isnt that much here to enjoy sadly

28. Godzilla vs Megaguirus - trash. Even with the funny body slam scene and the whole "Lets put Godzilla in a Black Hole"-plot (yes, youve read that right), it just falls flat

29. The 3 Anime movies - animation style just threw me off, i dont like it.
30. All Monsters Attack - the only one i actually kind of hate. Although i have to admit - some scenes are cute.

Still havent seen Godzilla raids again, Son of Godzilla, Godzilla vs Hedorah and Godzilla vs Gigan.

1. Gojira

2. Shin

3. Minus One

4. 2014

5. GMK

6. Final Wars

7. KOTM

8. Destroyah

9. Ghidrah 65

10. Bilolnatte

11. Ghidrah 91

11. Return of Godzilla

12. Megalon

13. Astro Monster

14. GXM

15. Tokyo Sos

16. Godzilla 2000

17. DAM 

18. Hedorah

19. Megagurious 

20. Battle For Earth

21. Godzilla vs Kong

22. Gigan

23. Mechagodzilla 2

24. Space Godzilla

25. Mothra Vs Godzilla

26. King Kong vs Godzilla

27. Mechagodzilla

28. terror of Mechagodzilla

29. Son Of Godzilla

30. Ebirah

31. Raid Again

32. All Monsters attack

On 12/6/2023 at 6:30 AM, Brainbug said:

godzilla-1954.gif

giphy.gif

kick-dropkick.gif

2c32f320e65dd66351cbc8cfdc9988cf.gif

7ba28692b474f985ebda4890b67a455d9b1c1fc8

No secret the makers of the 1954 original were disgusted with sme of the later Godzilla movies because they became bascially Kiddie shows. as compared to the dark, very serious tone of the original.

it's pricey at over 150$, but the Criterion Collection edition of the SHows erea iflms is  a must have for the true Godzilla fan for all the extras.

I don't have the full set, but do have it's predecessor, which was  the Two versions of the original Godzilla movie the original Japanese version with subtitles, and the dubbed US 'King of the monsters" version. The commentaries go into great detail on the changes made and the reasons why. The full set takes this treament ot all the Showa films.

Edited by dudalb

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

No secret the makers of the 1954 original were disgusted with sme of the later Godzilla movies because they became bascially Kiddie shows. as compared to the dark, very serious tone of the original.

Uhm ... no. The makers of the first Godzilla movie actually did the most silly of the Showa movies themselves. Ishiro Honda, wo directed the original as well as most of the early-to-mid Showa films that got sillier and sillier, called All Monsters Attack (the most silly one of all, imo), one of his favourites.

Godzillas gradual turn into a kid-friendly hero wasnt received badly at all by the creators or the fans. That side of the franchise is as integral to Godzilla as the originals themes.

• Like 1

Finally got around to watch the first 4 episodes of Monarch: Legacy of Monsters and gotta say, i enjoy it a lot. The characters are written solidy enough and what i appreciate a lot is that this show makes some characters from the MonsterVerse better retroactively (for example, Randa from Skull Island). The 4th episode dragged a bit too much in the middle, but im excited to see things now unfold. Kurt Russel seems to have a lot of fun playing his role, always a delight to see him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Finally got around to watch the first 4 episodes of Monarch: Legacy of Monsters and gotta say, i enjoy it a lot. The characters are written solidy enough and what i appreciate a lot is that this show makes some characters from the MonsterVerse better retroactively (for example, Randa from Skull Island). The 4th episode dragged a bit too much in the middle, but im excited to see things now unfold. Kurt Russel seems to have a lot of fun playing his role, always a delight to see him.

Does this take place before or after Skull Island?