CJohn

THE MORBIUS OPENING WEEKEND THREAD | #MORBIUSSWEEP #LETOSWEEP | SONY SWEEPS WITH 84M WW OW | 39.1M OW | 17.1M OD | 5.7M PREVIEWS

I believe The Batman is coming to HBO Max on April 19. They aren't advertising the date probably because they don't want to discourage people from watching it again in theaters, but the movie is already part of their ad material for the April releases. Interestingly, they aren't calling it "New In April" like they usually did, they changed it to "Coming Soon", but all of the titles in the material have an April release date, except for The Batman, which is being announced for "After theaters".

april showers bring trailers @Eric the Living Vampire@WrathOfHan

16x:

Morbius: The Gentlemen, Bloodshot IMAX, The New Mutants IMAX, Tenet Round 3 IMAX, The Last Duel, Eternals Dolby, Spider-Man: No Way Home IMAX, The Matrix Resurrections, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, Nightmare Alley, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, A Journal for Jordan, Scream Dolby, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, Uncharted Dolby, The Batman Dolby

10x:

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore: The Matrix Resurrections, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, Sing 2 Dolby, West Side Story Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, Belle Round 2, The Batman Dolby, The Lost City Dolby, Morbius Dolby

9x:

Lightyear: Encanto Dolby Atmos, The Matrix Resurrections, Nightmare Alley, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, West Side Story Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, The King’s Man, Death on the Nile Dolby, Turning Red

Everything Everywhere All at Once: The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, The King’s Man, The Souvenir: Part II, Belle Round 2, The Sky is Everywhere, 2022 Live-Action Shorts, Da 5 Bloods, After Yang, Cyrano

8x:

Top Gun: Maverick: Gemini Man Dolby HFR120fps3D, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Dolby, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Round 2 IMAX, A Quiet Place Part II IMAX, Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins IMAX, The Godfather Dolby, The Lost City Dolby, Morbius Dolby

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Spider-Man: No Way Home IMAX, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, The Batman Dolby, After Yang, The Lost City Dolby, Morbius Dolby

7x:

The Lost City: The Matrix Resurrections, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, Parallel Mothers, The Worst Person in the World, The Godfather Dolby, Jackass Forever

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, Sing 2 Dolby, Uncharted Dolby, 2022 Animated Shorts, The Batman Dolby, The Lost City Dolby, Morbius Dolby

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent: The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, Uncharted Dolby, Da 5 Bloods, The Batman Dolby, The Lost City Dolby, Morbius Dolby

6x:

Ambulance: Dune Dolby, Spider-Man: No Way Home IMAX, The Matrix Resurrections, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3

Downton Abbey: A New Era: Belfast, Sing 2 Dolby, The Souvenir: Part II, Drive My Car Round 3, After Yang, Cyrano

The Bob’s Burgers Movie: Death on the Nile Dolby, Uncharted Dolby, The Godfather Dolby, The Batman Dolby, The Lost City Dolby, Morbius Dolby

5x:

Turning Red: The Addams Family 2, Ron’s Gone Wrong, Encanto Dolby Atmos, West Side Story Dolby, Sing 2 Dolby

The Bad Guys: Sing 2 Dolby, Belle Round 2, Death on the Nile Dolby, 2022 Animated Shorts, The Lost City Dolby

4x:

The Northman: The Matrix Resurrections, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, Scream Dolby, Da 5 Bloods

3x:

Minions: The Rise of Gru: The Call of the Wild Dolby, Onward Dolby, The Croods Round 2
The Outfit: Nightmare Alley, The Worst Person in the World, The Godfather Dolby
DC League of Super-Pets: The Mitchells vs. the Machines, King Richard, 2022 Animated Shorts
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One): Sing 2 Dolby, Belle Round 2, Morbius Dolby

2x:

The Comeback Trail: Tenet Round 3 IMAX, Honest Thief Dolby
Thor: Love and Thunder: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
The Marvels: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Fantastic Four: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
The Duke: The Lost Leonardo, The Godfather Dolby
The Unbreakable Boy: A Journal for Jordan, 2022 Animated Shorts
Father Stu: Uncharted Dolby, 2022 Live-Action Shorts
X: Scream Dolby, Jackass Forever
Infinite Storm: 2022 Live-Action Shorts, Cyrano
Nope: The Batman Dolby, Morbius Dolby

1x:

The Black Phone: The Last Duel
The Devil’s Light: Nightmare Alley
You Won’t Be Alone: Parallel Mothers
Jurassic World: Dominion: Uncharted Dolby
The Torch: 2022 Documentary Shorts
Tyson’s Run: 2022 Animated Shorts
Happening: 2022 Live-Action Shorts
Firestarter: Da 5 Bloods
Elvis: The Batman Dolby
Mothering Sunday: Cyrano

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, grim22 said:

As I kept saying - "where the hell is that WB announcing it officially?"

Kilar saying a throwaway thing on a podcast was never the same as WB advertising it as coming on April 19 but most people here decided it was one and the same. 

Where was any official ad by WB saying April 19?

Kilar is also an employee on his way out. Pure self-sabotage and sticking it to his corporate superiors. 

Saying that was akin to Jeff Robinov saying how Man of Steel would be the studio's all-time biggest grosser or else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VENOM said:

Is this an alternate universe where Venom 2 and NHW didn’t outgross every MCU phase 4 film and one of them managed to get above 500m WW?

But NWH is also MCU.

Disclaimer: I just responded to this post. I haven't checked the thread for mod warnings shuting down fanboy debating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

But NWH is also MCU.

Disclaimer: I just responded to this post. I haven't checked the thread for mod warnings shuting down fanboy debating.

Or the fact that BW pretty much did the same as Venom when you add PA.

Edited by Fox20
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

But NWH is also MCU.

You want to claim Tobey, Garfield, Molina, Dafoe, Hardy, Fox, Church, and Simmons as MCU characters from NHW? Hmm

f3e9b5cc22ae30a7227f04c9ae803def.gif

19 minutes ago, Blankments said:

april showers bring trailers @Eric the Living Vampire@WrathOfHan

16x:

Morbius: The Gentlemen, Bloodshot IMAX, The New Mutants IMAX, Tenet Round 3 IMAX, The Last Duel, Eternals Dolby, Spider-Man: No Way Home IMAX, The Matrix Resurrections, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, Nightmare Alley, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, A Journal for Jordan, Scream Dolby, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, Uncharted Dolby, The Batman Dolby

10x:

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore: The Matrix Resurrections, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, Sing 2 Dolby, West Side Story Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, Belle Round 2, The Batman Dolby, The Lost City Dolby, Morbius Dolby

9x:

Lightyear: Encanto Dolby Atmos, The Matrix Resurrections, Nightmare Alley, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, West Side Story Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, The King’s Man, Death on the Nile Dolby, Turning Red

Everything Everywhere All at Once: The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, The King’s Man, The Souvenir: Part II, Belle Round 2, The Sky is Everywhere, 2022 Live-Action Shorts, Da 5 Bloods, After Yang, Cyrano

8x:

Top Gun: Maverick: Gemini Man Dolby HFR120fps3D, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Dolby, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Round 2 IMAX, A Quiet Place Part II IMAX, Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins IMAX, The Godfather Dolby, The Lost City Dolby, Morbius Dolby

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Spider-Man: No Way Home IMAX, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, The Batman Dolby, After Yang, The Lost City Dolby, Morbius Dolby

7x:

The Lost City: The Matrix Resurrections, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, Parallel Mothers, The Worst Person in the World, The Godfather Dolby, Jackass Forever

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, Sing 2 Dolby, Uncharted Dolby, 2022 Animated Shorts, The Batman Dolby, The Lost City Dolby, Morbius Dolby

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent: The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, Uncharted Dolby, Da 5 Bloods, The Batman Dolby, The Lost City Dolby, Morbius Dolby

6x:

Ambulance: Dune Dolby, Spider-Man: No Way Home IMAX, The Matrix Resurrections, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3

Downton Abbey: A New Era: Belfast, Sing 2 Dolby, The Souvenir: Part II, Drive My Car Round 3, After Yang, Cyrano

The Bob’s Burgers Movie: Death on the Nile Dolby, Uncharted Dolby, The Godfather Dolby, The Batman Dolby, The Lost City Dolby, Morbius Dolby

5x:

Turning Red: The Addams Family 2, Ron’s Gone Wrong, Encanto Dolby Atmos, West Side Story Dolby, Sing 2 Dolby

The Bad Guys: Sing 2 Dolby, Belle Round 2, Death on the Nile Dolby, 2022 Animated Shorts, The Lost City Dolby

4x:

The Northman: The Matrix Resurrections, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, Scream Dolby, Da 5 Bloods

Reveal hidden contents

8x:

The Batman: Dog, Death on the Nile, The Worst Person in the World, Uncharted x2, Oscar-nominated Animated Shorts, The Batman x2 (I know)

6x:

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore: Red Rocket, King Richard, Dog, The Batman, The Guide, The Lost City

5x:

Morbius: Red Rocket, Scream, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, Uncharted, X

4x:

The Bad Guys: King Richard, Dog, Death on the Nile, The Lost City

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent: Death on the Nile, Uncharted, The Guide, The Lost City

Downton Abbey: A New Era: Dog, Death on the Nile, The Lost City, The Outfit

Lightyear: The King's Man, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, Dog, Death on the Nile,

3x:

Marry Me: West Side Story, Red Rocket, Scream

Uncharted: The King's Man, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, King Richard

Mothering Sunday: The Worst Person in the World, Oscar-Nominated Animated Shorts, The Outfit

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: West Side Story, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, The Lost City

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: The Batman, The Guide, The Lost City

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse: Dog, Uncharted, The Guide

2x:

Death on the Nile: The King's Man, The Worst Person in the World

Ambulance: The King's Man, The Guide

Elvis: The Batman, X

Nope: The Batman, X

DC League of Super Pets: King Richard, The Batman

Black Adam: Uncharted, The Batman

Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom: Uncharted, The Batman

The Flash: Uncharted, The Batman

1x:

Dog: Scream

The Cursed: Scream

Cyrano: West Side Story

Oscar-Nominated Shorts: The Worst Person in the World

Studio 666: Scream

Turning Red: West Side Story

The Outfit: The Worst Person in the World

The Lost City: Scream

The Automat: The Outfit

Everything Everywhere All at Once: X

The Duke: The Outfit

Men: X

The Bob's Burgers Movie: Death on the Nile

Top Gun: Maverick: The Lost City

Jurassic World: Dominion: Uncharted

Bullet Train: The Batman

Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre: The King's Man

The Unbreakable Boy: King Richard

• Like 1

Moderation

@VENOM Your whole "NWH isn't actually an MCU movie" stuff is beyond old. It was old when you did this back in the Doctor Strange 2 thread, it's even older now, everybody here is sick of it, and it all seems to indicate you're trying to troll MCU fans instead of offering anything constructive. If you start this again, you will see warning points.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

Kevin Feige better nip in bud any shit that Sony has planned for Spider-man. It's beyond clear they don't know what they are doing. 

Neither Feige nor Disney has any say on what Sony does with the Spiderman IP (beyond whats already in the original contract signed between Sony and Marvel). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VENOM said:

You want to claim Tobey, Garfield, Molina, Dafoe, Hardy, Fox, Church, and Simmons as MCU characters from NHW? Hmm

f3e9b5cc22ae30a7227f04c9ae803def.gif

No, but they were in an MCU movie and let's not pretend having them wasn't Kevin Feige's idea in the first place.

Edited by poweranimals
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Neither Feige nor Disney has any say on what Sony does with the Spiderman IP (beyond whats already in the original contract signed between Sony and Marvel). 

Amazed the people still don't get this.

But am amused by the diehard Sony Spidey fans who seem to hate the MCU, and wish SPidey had never entered into it. I think they are in a pretty small minority.

I note they also defend every spideyverse movie Sony brings out almost automatically.

Mobius is doing what I thought it would: Decent opening because of the Marvel name tag. I still think, though it is not going to hold up well and already clear it will not do anywhere near Venom numbers.

Edited by dudalb

5 hours ago, Tokugennumataka said:

So....it finally happened. Sing 2 finally leaves top 10 this weekend. A very long 14 week stay, only behind Frozen this century for animated films (excluding shutdown period). 

This reminds me, not sure how deep your late run worn lists go, but I would love to see 21st century 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th

55 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

so how's Saturday looking will it keep on trucking or trip and fall due to the reception?

For an OW, evening shows are pretty slow in Salt Lake City. It could be activities related to the LDS General Conference (bi-annual meeting for members), Duke-N. Carolina at the Final Four, or tepid WOM, hard to say. Probably all three.

• Like 1