YM!

April 8th-10th Weekend Thread | $72m OW Sonic 2, biggest Paramount opener since 2014, $8.69m OW for AmbuLAnce, $6m+ for EEAAO

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Classics that do hold up: The Big Sleep is da bomb

Yup.

Reminds me OT awhile back I caught up with the “minor” (my air quote) Kurosawa title, his film noir “Stray Dog.” Great stuff. Kurosawa was such a pimp, his deemed minor stuff would be most people’s best work. 

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

That’s not dissing jaws, THIS is dissing jaws:

Hide contents

It’s bad. Fine character work and plot and all, but the shark isn’t scary and that sorta kills the whole edifice.

But you don’t even see the shark in the first half of the movie and it’s scary AF. Now if they remade it there’d be a CGI shark in every scene.

Good for Sonic. First kid’s movie to not underperform domestic since Sonic 1. It’s been a long two years.

28 minutes ago, RRA said:

Why bring that movie up? I didn’t. 

One of my favorite movies ever in Jaws is being criticized in this thread. I don’t agree with it, but it is what it is. One has to comfortable in their skin in what they like (popular or not) and accept opinions will differ. One’s mental health will thank you later. 

You brought up Michael Bay and contrarianism. Do you have any idea on earth on what you're even replying or talking about? No projections here, I just don't think he'd be a good fit for the MCU.

Edited by BestPicturePlutoNash

58 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Speaking of people not liking classics,Titanic's verified audience score on RT is below 70 

E.T has 72% but cinemascore A+. All these old movies have a weird audience score on RT. At one point they show there are 33m votes for titanic , where endgame released in the internet age, coming only at 1m+ votes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

i was in a film studies class a full decade ago arguing with someone else that michael bay was an auteur who deserved as much recognition as any other and finally time as always has caught up to my point of view.

• Haha 1