Eric the Ape

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE SECRETS OF DUMBLEDORE WEEKEND THREAD | Read the first post for the rules

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

The second movie still made 650M+, you pretty much need to roll the dice one more time with that kind of return and hope that it makes enough to not lose you money.

Understable before the pandemic and war era, but everything is making less than they would have normally.

The budget is the same if not more, so with the steep dive it has experienced from 1 to 2, i would have imagined they would cut the budget a bit. 

Warner still can save Secrets of Dumbledore and what they have to do it's pretty simple.

Re-release it it two weeks after Strange and attach 1 hour of exclusive Hogwarts Legacy gameplay + do sweepstakes of HL copies

Stonks 📈📈📈

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

hahahahaha this is gonna be such cheese.  I didn't have much faith at all in a heavily sanitized BLADE from Disney to begin with but it at least had a really good actor in Mahershala Ali cast.  The first two BLADE movies were some of my all time favorite action movies growing up so seeing my boy turned into this kind of content makes me sad.  I don't dislike Tyrese, but man what a miscast.

• ...wtf 2

41 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Radcliffe stated during the press tour for The Lost City that he's not interested in playing the role again for the foreseeable future, while Watson doesn't seem to be friends with JK these days after her "I'm here for all the witches" comment at the BAFTA awards. More reunion specials like the HBO Max one are probably going to be it for the next decade at least in terms of getting the cast together again.

Technically, since Harry married Ginny...they don't need Hermione back, if they are focusing on a "kids of Harry" sequel...and Ginny is probably uber-cheap, too (and Ron can always cameo as the brother and best friend without needing Hermione).

Just sayin' if someone truly never wants to be in the series again, there are options, except probably for Harry...

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

hahahahaha this is gonna be such cheese.  I didn't have much faith at all in a heavily sanitized BLADE from Disney to begin with but it at least had a really good actor in Mahershala Ali cast.  The first two BLADE movies were some of my all time favorite action movies growing up so seeing my boy turned into this kind of content makes me sad.  I don't dislike Tyrese, but man what a miscast.

You should uh...go check the Twitter account one more time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

44 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Radcliffe stated during the press tour for The Lost City that he's not interested in playing the role again for the foreseeable future, while Watson doesn't seem to be friends with JK these days after her "I'm here for all the witches" comment at the BAFTA awards. More reunion specials like the HBO Max one are probably going to be it for the next decade at least in terms of getting the cast together again.

Harrison Ford also didn't want to do Star Wars again. If Warner gives Daniel and Emma good paychecks and maybe make sure Rowling gets off the project or even just demoted from her position (and I'm still unconvinced Rowling won't ever get demoted, sorry stans), they'll say yes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Technically, since Harry married Ginny...they don't need Hermione back, if they are focusing on a "kids of Harry" sequel...and Ginny is probably uber-cheap, too (and Ron can always cameo as the brother and best friend without needing Hermione).

Just sayin' if someone truly never wants to be in the series again, there are options, except probably for Harry...

But does anyone really want to see Ginny? Easily the driest, most bland character portrayal in the series. 

• Like 3

Cancelling such a big franchise without a conclusion would be very bad, i doubt it. This is a thing of a B-List franchise to suffer, nobody wants headlines like this for Wizarding World.

Honestly, this franchise already hit the lowest it can get. Depp substitution, Ezra assaults, JK openly activism against trans, terrible reception, everything bad that could've happenned, already did. 

If this one can make 400M, this is the floor for the next one, especially because at least fans seems to like this one better. 

My bet is: they will change some crew, announce the 4th movie as the finale, finish all the plotlines, try to bring some huge cameos or something to it and reduce the budget a bit for 130-150M instead of 200M. Then release it to doesn't let a big brand fades without an end and put this to sleep for some time, at least in theaters.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

Harrison Ford also didn't want to do Star Wars again. If Warner gives Daniel and Emma good paychecks and maybe make sure Rowling gets off the project or even just demoted from her position (and I'm still unconvinced Rowling won't ever get demoted, sorry stans), they'll say yes.

Yeah at the end of the day, business wins and even then Rowling has become more of a liability than a help for a multitude of issues and at the end of the day if I’m correct Warner has the other half of the rights. If they got a choice to get the original trio or Rowling, executives and I think most fans and the GA would choose the former. Beasts 4 absolute ceiling is what Dumbledore ends with. She’ll get a cushy executive producer stint for future projects and a nice payday for future films but that’s the best onward. 

Edited by YourMother

29 minutes ago, John Marston said:

FB3 at 193m worldwide with it opened everywhere I think. 400m will be touch and go

Why are you so miserable? Your constant negativity is just insufferable. We get you don’t want this to perform well. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Heretic said:

But does anyone really want to see Ginny? Easily the driest, most bland character portrayal in the series. 

That kiss in DH2 ... its imo the worst kiss in the 21st century movie history.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

She was unquestionably the weakest actress in the series. Just so awkward.

Its a bummer since shes really good in Chamber of Secrets, but in the later films, the actress is just oozing negative charisma and chemistry with Harry.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

That twitter account is satire, bruh.

13 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Cancelling such a big franchise without a conclusion would be very bad, i doubt it. This is a thing of a B-List franchise to suffer, nobody wants headlines like this for Wizarding World.

warner bros. having to pick their poison: “bad headlines” or “losing another $50M+ on the eddie redmayne/jk rowling vanity project, which would also generate bad headlines”

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1