Cap

AMERICA CHAVEZ IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS WEEKEND THREAD | Aka carbonara civil war thread | 187.42M OW

12 minutes ago, Eric loves Rey said:

It's a classic case of getting two big headlines. You have the first headline where the movie opened to a really strong number, with the press adulating your movie and keeping you in the conversation. Then when the actuals go even higher, you get even more headlines, people going crazy, and you can go to the press and show how it did "better than expected" and that it's a real, true winner. A very effective marketing strategy

Why tho? All eyes are on Sunday. I feel like most people skip over Monday actuals. 

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

This weekend is the latest example of Marvel’s extremely impressive ability to draw a strong audience to theaters. Pretty mindblowing for Dr. Strange to have this large of an opening. 

"Continuity".

Edited by SupermanLego

1 hour ago, Illuminegion Confirmed said:

It was a limited 6 week run

God I hope not. Prayer circle for those poor souls trying to get tickets. 😂

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

It's a bit of a travesty that DS2 has a lower score than Captain Marvel.

:gold:

Not saying I didn't like Captain Marvel but there's no way it was the better movie.

:redcapes:

Although, the first Captain America movie is criminally underrated so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

:insane:

This post took me on a journey.

• Haha 6
  • Astonished 2

12 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I can’t imagine why they would have hated it? Might not have been their favourite, but it was comfortably as good as at least half of the movies. If they went in expecting Endgame then that’s on them. 

I did think going in that the ‘scary’ talk might mean a no go for kids in subsequent weeks. It’s nowhere near that bad.  There’s just as disturbing stuff in Raimi’s Spidey films. 

Lol none of the Spider-man films have anything as scary as Doctor Strange 2 does.

22 minutes ago, Eric loves Rey said:

It's a classic case of getting two big headlines. You have the first headline where the movie opened to a really strong number, with the press adulating your movie and keeping you in the conversation. Then when the actuals go even higher, you get even more headlines, people going crazy, and you can go to the press and show how it did "better than expected" and that it's a real, true winner. A very effective marketing strategy

That's typical of Sunday estimates though, especially from Disney, not usually Friday. Only a small number of weirdos (glances around...) care about the Friday estimates when they first come out. There's really no harm in underselling here, but makes me wonder if they aren't holding back now so there's more room to "maneuver" actuals if the OW does end up right near that $200M cut line

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Why tho? All eyes are on Sunday. I feel like most people skip over Monday actuals. 

Again, two days of headlines. And a minor difference in numbers won’t make people magically think the movie is an epic failure or whatever 

1 minute ago, Eric loves Rey said:

Again, two days of headlines. And a minor difference in numbers won’t make people magically think the movie is an epic failure or whatever 

Oh really? :redcapes:

Spoiler

:insane:

• Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, Cap said:

God I hope not. Prayer circle for those poor souls trying to get tickets. 😂

What customers see: supply demand imbalance creating a mad scramble and shortages

What producers see: supply demand imbalance creating $2000 tickets

Small PTA drop from last Friday for Everything Everywhere. So happy with its run.

I think Multiverse of Madness is an easier watch the 2nd time around but I still have problems with it. Unfortunately I think I'd place it on the lower tier of my MCU ranking. It's just bizarre because with a better script this really could've been top tier. 

5 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

What really botched the movie was the script. What an awful script. 

Add to that the fact that Raimi style is REALLY not for everyone. 

Waldron needs to go. Or, honestly, the Multiverse needs to go. And Waldron to. 

It certainly feels like a script that was hashed out by the replacement writer (who was simultaneously show-running a massive D+ production) and the replacement director who both came on board like 3 months before filming was supposed to start.

46 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

What really botched the movie was the script. What an awful script. 

Add to that the fact that Raimi style is REALLY not for everyone. 

Waldron needs to go. Or, honestly, the Multiverse needs to go. And Waldron to. 

People act as if next movies are all about multiverse, outside maybe and JUST maybe Ant-man, none of the next movies 6 movies are about multiverses, or even the series outside Loki 2.