Eric S'ennui

Weekend Thread (5/20-22) | DS2 31.6, Downton 16, Bad Guys 6.1, Sonic 3.9, Men (are trash) 3.3

Honestly, I kind of hope Top Gun out-grosses MoM just so we can get more #crumbling memes.

For those who weren't around in 2015, #crumbling came from a user who was a little more than slightly upset that Jurassic World had opened above Age of Ultron, and was doing everything they could to spin the numbers to show that Age of Ultron would ultimately come out on top, going so far as to confirm again and again that Jurassic World was crumbling... whatever that meant. Ah, simpler times. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

My big question with DA2 is what the heck happened to the EA numbers. If true Th is 1.05, then overall previews could be like…1.75? In which case if they are rolled into Fri:

5.25 //19.5   

However if they are separated out:

6 // 22   

Personally I suspect:

5 // 18.5

• Like 1

Looking at some past memorial wknds to see how much competition past MCUs had and Jesus, IM3 got pounded — F6, Hangover3, and Epic did a combined 210M on the 4day. Thinking 29 would take it to just O/U 400.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, narniadis said:

Chip and Dale was great. My 9 yo who has maybe seen 1 episode loved it and was fully engaged. Shame it wasn't a theater release. 

I just finished watching and I liked way more than I though I would. What the hell, why couldn't Disney put that much crackhead energy on Ralph Breaks the Internet?

3 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

I just finished watching and I liked way more than I though I would. What the hell, why couldn't Disney put that much crackhead energy on Ralph Breaks the Internet?

Right?? The film idea had no right to be as good and well done as it was. 

20 mill would be fine for Downton Abbey, the last one had the novelty of being the first DA content in years plus the first movie adaptation, this one doesn't feel near as hot. SATC 2 had a much steeper drop (it was also alot worse)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

20 mill would be fine for Downton Abbey, the last one had the novelty of being the first DA content in years plus the first movie adaptation, this one doesn't feel near as hot. SATC 2 had a much steeper drop (it was also alot worse)

What's SACT?