Eric Prime

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

23 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Marvel, DC fans get multiple content every year, Marvel has now even started tv series for Random characters that comes to their mind. 

Star Wars folks are getting series, Monsterverse is getting another movie and 2 series.

But us JP fans shouldn't get anything for next few years. Nice. 

Infact i say, they should continue now, don't let a roadblock stop you from your journey. 

There's a Jurassic World cartoon on Netflix right now. And I'm still convinced another TV series will happen on Peacock or Netflix or Amazon in the next couple years. I'm not a huge fan of these "movie franchises turned streaming show" productions, but that's the hip new thing.

24 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I can totally understand why even JP/JW fans woudnt like it or be generally mixed about it. There are so many elements of it that either work for you or they simply dont.

I hope it could be another JP3 situation for you, where you maybe didnt like it at first watch but got warmer towards it in the years after.

i can’t see that it will, purely because it further leans into the idiocy and stupidity that was there in patches of FK. 

I definitely wouldn’t turn it off though. I just don’t like the majority of the choices they made here.  It wouldn’t quit directly referencing stuff that I love, but almost mockingly - rather than any kind of affection and care. 

One particular moment actually made me angry.  

I’m not saying there weren’t parts of it that I didn’t like though.  I’d watch Bryce Dallas Howard read the phone book. This one was definitely not for me, but I’m glad you really liked it.  I was definitely riveted throughout, for better or worse. 

You’re right though. Now I know what this is I can maybe come to terms with it for future viewings.  If you sat a fan down and told them the story they wouldn’t believe you. 

17 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I wouldn’t worry, regardless of the reviews this is still going to make bank, and you can bet that Universal are already at work planning Cretaceous Park or whatever for 2025. Hopefully with a new creative team.

fvshfeue7v401.png?auto=webp&s=fb592a574b

emc5wzde0ws71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Sacramento continues its rule.

king-history.gif

NB:

There's been some discussion about other showtimes.  As far as I know there was nothing paid before Thr, but there was a Live Q&A IMAX event (had exactly one locally) as well as various double features of JP and JWD (some premium ticketing, some not) which might be what Deadline is referring to.

Or it's just Deadline. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

55 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I saw someone pointing out how Universal doesn't own the rights to dinosaurs in film, and yet here we are where the only dinosaur movies we are getting are set within this specific universe.  

I know that competing with the big daddy dino series sounds like a fools errand, but come on, more dinosaurs!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, Alex SciChannel said:

The Cambrian was an incredibly diverse tike with many organisms unlike we've seen today. Look up Opabinia and Anomalocaris

Dont forget little Haikouichthys, one of our oldest known ancestors.

18m preview is a very solid number, after what we heard from the anecdotal data of theater being less busy than expected. Even I remember that was a lot of tracking suggest a lower number than that.  

Guess TGM didn't drop for nothing. 

24 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Is that through Thursday? What's the weekend final for international looking like? Hopefully more than 200M

Yes through Thursday and doesn’t include the China projection. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Well, I'd say the recent Godzilla and Kong flicks apply too. And, yeah, kind of like with everything nowadays, they're not confident in plunking down a big budget on a property if they're not certain it won't at least break even. Making dinos look really great costs a lot of money. Not the same, but Disney tried with Dinosaur a long while back and it looked great but didn't do all that well. And, Good Dinosaur is one of Pixar's least successful films too. 

Maybe we need this to get a live action update? 

• Thanks 1

By the way, anyone that truly loves dinos knows that this is easily the best dino anything being made right now. It's not close. I've seen Prehistoric Planet too. This as live action with Tartakovsky's blessing would be something else... Anyway, next season of Primal I believe finally drops in the fall this year. Can't wait.

• Like 2