Eric the Minion

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

10 minutes ago, Cap said:

Because peoples’ opinions of what’s funny and is not funny sometimes are radically different, and not all humor is inclusive or… Funny. So I think a lot of the broad stroke comedies of the pass just don’t play anymore. 

This can be applied to every genre-not exactly comedy. It's subjective. Opinions of what's scary is radically different which is why there's bunch of different horror movies (possession, slasher, etc). A Will Ferrell comedy isn't necessarily the same as a Jim Carrey slapstick comedy or a Sandra Bullock romcom.

I would agree, though, on the inclusivity which I mentioned. 

• Like 1

Just now, cax16 said:

The last real comedy I saw with a crowd was Game Night and it was a pretty great experience. 

Game Night got so screwed. 69m dom, 110 is fine worldwide but if it wasn't dumped in the wake of Black Panther, it makes 110 domestically. Def one of those movies that does better in a different time. 

3 hours ago, IceFire9yt said:

If audiences want a comedy, mystery, romance, or a drama, they can get quality content from streaming and TV.  Why go to the movies, which are constrained by their runtime, when you can get stories that have more time to develop at home?  Mid-budget action fare is also increasingly in this category.  There is no shortage of action schlock originals on Netflix.

you should check out interceptor, its the best movie of the year

2 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Speaking of Netflix, Interceptor has some really, really, REALLY bad CGI work. Can't believe I'm saying this because I hate the statement, but it was PS3 quality.

shut your mouth

14 minutes ago, Mulder said:

So a slight drop from FK. It's fine. Not great, not bad.

That would be unironically very impressive and good. Many franchises wish they had this much endurance. After seeing the critical mauling and the mixed-at-best audience reception you'd think it'd pull a Rise of Skywalker and drop off big time from the last movie. Imagine a world where Transformers The Last Knight performed on par with Age of Extinction and still earned a billion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That would be unironically very impressive and good. Many franchises wish they had this much endurance. After seeing the critical mauling and the mixed-at-best audience reception you'd think it'd pull a Rise of Skywalker and drop off big time from the last movie. Imagine a world where Transformers The Last Knight performed on par with Age of Extinction and still earned a billion.

Eh I don't think it's great. This had so much going for it, if the hype was there in a better way it could've opened better than FK did. Instead it ended up dropping.

So next week is Lightyear. That makes me think this will probably have a steepish drop. Honestly, I think this opens similar to FK and finishes almost identically, at least DOM.

I actually liked this one, but I guess bringing back the old cast isn't really a selling point. It was pretty much always about the dinos. Anyway, Jurassic movies for the most part have been a mixed bag, but it is not the worse by any stretch.