Eric Loves Rey

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I wouldn't at all compare the RT audience scores of movies that have been released for years and years to a movie that's been released for not even a full day yet. Early audience scores always start high then eventually dip. Currently I see JWF at 79 Verified and 72 All on RT.

That's not the worst, all things considered. Probably par for the course for a Jurassic sequel. I stopped putting faith in the RT audience score during the whole Captain Marvel fiasco.

At least no one really pays attention to Letterboxd, the Good Reads of movie reviews.

11 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Fallen Kingdom has a 48% all audience score, Jurassic World has a 78% all audience score. Granted, that's been bult up over the years.

Verified audience has gone back to 80% (unless the site hasn't refreshed for me), all audience 72%

Verified audience Score is the only score that matters.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Fallen Kingdom has a 48% all audience score, Jurassic World has a 78% all audience score. Granted, that's been bult up over the years.

Verified audience has gone back to 80% (unless the site hasn't refreshed for me), all audience 72%

Audience score for Fallen Kingdom was rotten for most of its run. Still got A-

2 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

That's not the worst, all things considered. Probably par for the course for a Jurassic sequel. I stopped putting faith in the RT audience score during the whole Captain Marvel fiasco.

At least no one really pays attention to Letterboxd, the Good Reads of movie reviews.

Understandable. But, this isn't at all like Captain Marvel or, more recently, Turning Red which had a completely different kind of weird, stupid folks voting them down. Those two are obvious outliers I'd say. Those circumstances, to my knowledge, do not apply to Jurassic World Dominion at all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Past entries on Cinemascore:

Jurassic Park: A

The Lost World: B+
Jurassic Park 3: B-

Jurassic World: A

Fallen Kingdom: A-

Potential for a B or B+ for Dominion then, 79% verified currently. 

Never realized JP3 got a B-

Fitting, I think it's the worst one.

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

Verified audience Score is the only score that matters.

Is it tho? You must put some volition in the fact the all audience score for Dominion was much higher than Fallen Kingdom. 

Edit: Verified is now 80%. Updated to reviews posted 16 minutes ago 

Edited by Alex SciChannel

49 minutes ago, superduperm said:

I hate to be that annoying guy talking about the thing nobody is thinking about, but Top Gun’s Thursday number is bumming me out.

Even with JWD and the loss of premium screens, I thought $10M was a reasonable expectation. A 20% Wednesday-to-Thursday drop is already hefty on its own. A 30% drop though? That might be another record, but in the wrong direction this time, unfortunately.

Here’s to hoping this is the absolute worst of it and we’ll see at least standard Friday/Saturday increases and Sunday drops from here on out.

If you mean the largest non-holiday, non-opening day Wed/Thur drop for a film making at least $X? Yeah, probably is a record, unfortunately.  Spot checked the top 200 Wed, and the worst I could find was Man of Steel -22%, but numbers were really bad overall that day, so not sure if something happened to keep people home (Heat/Spurs Finals game 7 was day before)

Just speaks to how important PLF has become to grossing potential overall, and to TG2 specifically. But on the flip side, a $9M 2nd Thursday off of a $38M opening Sat is still an incredible hold - Maverick just had to come in for a landing at some point

• Like 1

I woudnt be surprised too much by a B CinemaScore at this point. I dont think it will go as low as B-, but im still holding up hope for an A- wonder or a B+ surprise.

There are many elements in the movie that can lead to a mixed reception even among familys. But way more important than certain scenes is that i think the marketing was a bit misleading. It promised a movie with dinosaurs interacting with the real world and beeing a grand finale and what weve got is ... not exactly that. Its "just" another Jurassic World film, this time with worse editing.

I really like the movie (have seen it 2 times now, 3rd time is later today), but im not blind to the factors that could lead to worse WOM than Fallen Kingdom. But again, the misleading marketing is the biggest drawback i think.

Heres hoping that im too pessimistic, but i woudnt count on it. :sadfleck:

10 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Is it tho? You must put some volition in the fact the all audience score for Dominion was much higher than Fallen Kingdom. 

Edit: Verified is now 80%. Updated to reviews posted 16 minutes ago 

Nope. All Audience is a review bomb prone disaster. Positive or negative you can ignore it entirely, even for Fallen Kingdom.

• Like 3

Preview Tier List:

S-Tier: 20M+ - A wet dream

A-Tier: 18M+ - Please.

B-Tier: 16-18M - on low end, kind of sad, on high end, its ok

C-Tier: 15,3-16M - NOOOOOO

D-Tier: Under 15,3M - Terrible

F-Tier: Under 14M - Fuck off.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur

2 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Preview Tier List:

B-Tier: 16-17M - kind of sad.

What about 17-18M?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AJG said:

Nope. All Audience is a review bomb prone disaster. Positive or negative you can ignore it entirely, even for Fallen Kingdom.

Is their evidence that Dominion is getting positively review bombed? because that's what you'd have to be implying. Currently the all audiences is within the 90th percentile of the verified score which is pretty proportional. And if anything Dominion is more likely to be prone to negative review bombing than Fallen Kingdom due to the more diverse cast and the nongoodwill from the previous films.

Edited by Alex SciChannel

1 minute ago, Grebacio said:

Jurassic World Preview Numbers: 18.5M

Back in 2015

And Fallen Kingdom did 15,3M in 2018.

But previews for Dominion were a lot earlier than FK, so to have any chance at matching that 148M OW, Dominion would need a way higher preview number, im thinking around 18,5M.

Just now, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

And Fallen Kingdom did 15,3M in 2018.

But previews for Dominion were a lot earlier than FK, so to have any chance at matching that 148M OW, Dominion would need a way higher preview number, im thinking around 18,5M.

Hopefully Friday gets some monster walk ups. And remember it is the last day of school today for a lot of kiddos.

17 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Preview Tier List:

B-Tier: 16-18M - on low end, kind of sad, on high end, its ok

JW and FK have averaged $16.9M in previews, and there’s like a 90% chance JWD falls in middle of that $15.3-$18.5M range 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Is their evidence that Dominion is getting positively review bombed because that's what you'd have to be implying. Currently the all audiences is within the 90th percentile of the verified score which is pretty proportional. And if anything Dominion is more likely to be prone to negative review bombing than Fallen Kingdom due to the more diverse cast and the nongoodwill from the previous films.

c4002ff0fc91009816f80c20a22e5496_w200.gi