Eric Duncan

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Anyone who's seen Dominion care to rank the Jurassic Park and Jurassic World movies?

01. Jurassic Park
02. Jurassic World
03. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
04. Fallen Kingdom
05. Dominion
06. Jurassic Park 3

But FK and Dominion are the same for me atm. My eventual 8+ viewings of Dominion over the next 5 days will determine where i would rank it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Aren't they marketing this one as the finale?

IMHO that was their biggest mistake. The movie at least as far as I'm concerned would be perceived differently if it wasn't marketed as some kind of grand finale which for all intents and purposes, it isn't. I wish they never used that tag line. It's a fun Jurassic summer blockbuster but not the "epic conclusion to the Jurassic saga" except perhaps for some of the characters. 

• Like 1

I had an endorsement interview with the AFL-CIO (America's most prominent labor group) and I referenced Tele. Someone from IATSE was there and I referenced my friend who participated in the strike. And guess what? I got the endorsement! So there's still life in old Tele. 

I'm going to try to work more BOT users into my campaign. I probably won't do the endorsement interview with the police union but if I do maybe I'll talk about my buddy in Portugal who got arrested for loitering on a playground.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I agree but it still remains to be seen if audiences think as bad of Dominion as the critics do.

For all the JP/JW movies, only twice has audience score been above the critics RT score, and by more than +7 - not like Transformers where there was a 30 point gap on several occasions 

With that said, may not tell the whole story, as audience demo may not align well with RT users 

1 minute ago, M37 said:

For all the JP/JW movies, only twice has audience score been above the critics RT score, and by more than +7 - not like Transformers where there was a 30 point gap on several occasions 

With that said, may not tell the whole story, as audience demo may not align well with RT users 

In my opinion the RT user score is a bit less helpfull for the JW movies compared to Marvel/DC/Star Wars. I think the CinemaScore and the internal multiplier of the OW will be more telling how the audience reception is.

Just now, CJohn said:

GIVE ME A DINO OPENING UNIVERSAL. C'MON!

No but seriously, for every hour that passes it feels like the movie is losing steam.

The tracking thread seams to indicating solid performance. Porthos update shows it isn't collapsing which is something. 16.5M-19M previews looking like

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

I came from the future, Dominion will make 150M OW DOM and 1.1B WW at the end of its run

The amount of goats i would have eaten by my virtual T-Rex in JP: Operation Genesis in order to secure this.

I guess premium format screens are becoming more popular. Most tickets for my theater tonight are for the IMAX. It was like this for most of the big movies this year. I wonder if it's always been like that.

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Anyone who's seen Dominion care to rank the Jurassic Park and Jurassic World movies?

4/5 Jurassic Park

3/5 Jurassic World

2/5 Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Jurassic Park III, The Lost World: Jurassic Park

1.5/5 Jurassic World: Dominion

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M37 said:

Will not happen with verified audience score. Anything below 80% RT audience score would be abysmal (and unlikely) for this.

2 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Gene Kelly is mad at you. 

oh my friend

:lol:

image.png

All this means is that Chris Evans as Gene Kelly in that random movie is going to be perfection

• Haha 2

Just now, EmeraldWitch said:

How big is the scale of JWD guys? Was it on the scale of the first JW? I want to see the movies but I would hate it if half of the movie is about human & dinosaurs playing cat & mouse in some big building like in FK.

Its arguably too big in scale for its own good.

When it comes to scale and different locations, its basically the complete opposite of Fallen Kingdom.

• Like 1