Eric Duncan

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

I liked how the first part of Fallen Kingdom was this big set piece at the island and the rest of the film was claustrophobic. I think Fallen Kingdom, from a visual standpoint, is better than Jurassic World. J.A Bayona can craft pretty good images and he was able to elevate a weak script. Which is why I was a little disappointed that Trevorrow came back because he's pretty weak visually.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

I liked how the first part of Fallen Kingdom was this big set piece at the island and the rest of the film was claustrophobic. I think Fallen Kingdom, from a visual standpoint, is better than Jurassic World. J.A Bayona can craft pretty good images and he was able to elevate a weak script. Which is why I was a little disappointed that Trevorrow came back because he's pretty weak visually.

From a visual standpoint, Dominion is better than JW in my opinion. There are tons of shots in it that are wallpaper-material. Fallen Kingdom still looks better though, that films Cinematography was just top-notch.

I also really liked the Mansion setpiece in Fallen Kingdom. It had a really nice gothic-style horror feeling to it that i didnt expect from the movie. Bayona directed the shit out of that part of the movie. I know a lot of people didnt like that part of it, but the small scale compared to many other big blockbusters was refreshing for me.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Fallen Kingdom also had a diverse cast, but I guess nobody really remembers that movie

Also when did critics doing their job turn into "review bombing" people said that with Eternals too.

Edited by ringedmortality
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Fallen Kingdom still looks better though, that films Cinematography was just top-notch.

I also really liked the Mansion setpiece in Fallen Kingdom. It had a really nice gothic-style horror feeling to it that i didnt expect from the movie. Bayona directed the shit out of that part of the movie.

Bayona is really way more logical a choice to direct a Jurassic Park film than Trevorrow, considering he can actually handle atmosphere. It also helped that he brought on his typical cinematographer, Óscar Faura (he has shot all of Bayona's films). If that team had been given a better script...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric the Last Dinosaur said:

I thought I was the most beautiful man in existence 😢

I though Timothée Chalamet was the most beautiful man in existence

Edited by Legion and Thunder
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Grebacio said:

Early RT Audience Scores updates
Verfied 86%; 4.4/5 Avg Score - Fewer than 50 votes 
All Audiences 59% 3.4/5 Avg Score- 250+ Votes

Well, the Verified Audiences went down, but general audiences got better. Current scores:
Verfied 83%; 4.3/5 Avg Score - 100+ votes 
All Audiences 67% 3.7/5 Avg Score- 500+ Votes

Smells like a B+ Cinemascore