Eric is Quiet

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

22 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I’m not sure @Brainbug the Dinosaur

i think you include it as Transformers Age of Extinction onwards felt like a shift in the same way Pirates: OST did. It lost Shia and went all in on Wahlberg. 

I see the first three Transformers as their own trilogy personally. 

Ive added it to the list :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

DS2 and JWD will pass 400M

TGM will pass 500M

Thor will pass 400M with a chance for 500M depending on WOM and competition (if it doesn't lose premium screens which we saw hit TGM pretty hard thus making 600M iffy which didn't look so on Wednesday)

Yeah. This is exactly where I'm at with Lightyear and Minion very unlikely to hit 400M. Do you think either or both will hit 300M?

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yeah. This is exactly where I'm at with Lightyear and Minion very unlikely to hit 400M. Do you think either or both will hit 300M?

Can't say cause I don't watch or follow animation so I trust your projection. 

7 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Dominion will more than likely be flat with FK domestically. It's not a victory, but it's not a loss. No need for a what went wrong thread about a possibility.

It’s a loss with these ticket prices. 

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

So what are TGM’s chances at $600M+ DOM? Yay or nay? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Im leaning towards yes. I think this weekend is the only one where it will see a bit of a bigger drop. Next weekend with Fathers Day it will probably have a very good hold and with the Independence Day holiday coming up and generally, that awesome WOM, it will cross 550M+ safely imo. From there, 600M is not too far away and the movie will surely get a PLF boost later in its run + a possible expansion into more a ton of theaters again in August or by Labor Day weekend.

All that beeing said, nobody should be disappointed if it fails to reach 600M or 550M for that matter. Its already a run for the ages.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Well need to see the upcoming weekdays and the following weekend but as of now, my gut says better than 50% chance still... Until proven otherwise, late legs should be incredible. The biggest hit TGM was going to take was always going to be this weekend. And, as we know, it has an enormous theatrical window. It's either 90 or 120 days... I forget.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

we need to see how well it'll stabilize after this weekend. Losing premium screens hit hard. I think well-meaning fans lowballed it, even if they knew it was going to be rough, cause it was such an amazing run. But it will stabilize. So patience young padawan. I do expect some fun BOT panic. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

It’s a loss with these ticket prices. 

Yeah... Expectations were higher but following up on an overly very mixed received sequel, 400M DOM is more than fine. It was poorly received, TGM is stealing the spotlight some and box office in 2022 isn't quite back to where it was in 2018 just yet.

• Like 1

DS2 locked for +400M 

TG locked for +550M 

JW let's see, but i would bet it can get 400M 

Unless it gets some really bad reception, Thor is locked for +400M (it just need Ragnarok tickets, and it will be bigger than that considering Ragnarok was coming from Dark World / Ultron and Love and Thunder is coming from Ragnarok / IW / EG) 

Lightyear reactions was very okayish, but the complains are basically that it's just a fun movie, very focused on kids, with no high concept plot or emotions. I think RT will be 80% or so which isn't great, but the descriptions reads like a family crowd pleaser. If it opens on the high end of Shawn prediction, 400M can happen. 

That would give to us 5 movies over 400M, and we still have Minions probably coming to +200M and smaller movies like Nope / Elvis / Bullet Train that can pull 100-150M. 

So, i think Summer looks good, first time since 2019 that it's feeling close to normal. 

• Like 2

Good bump for TGM after the not so great Thursday. Dominion also doing well.

Impressed with the Bad Guys hold as well. It may still beat Encanto for biggest non-franchise animated movie of the pandemic (ignoring that it's based on books), depending on how badly it's hurt by Lightyear.