Eric Duncan

Thunderbolts* | May 2, 2025 | MCU

19 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Idk, but the market feels empty without a Marvel movie these days

It's a byproduct of the new environment we're heading into. A marketplace where wealth is a lot more evenly distributed, instead of one megafranchise hoarding all the money. There will be growing pains in the transition though. And one of those is pop culture discussion being more mellow and reserved than it was under Marvel's glory days, wherr everyone and their mother was talking about them.

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It's a byproduct of the new environment we're heading into. A marketplace where wealth is a lot more evenly distributed, instead of one megafranchise hoarding all the money. There will be growing pains in the transition though. And one of those is pop culture discussion being more mellow and reserved than it was under Marvel's glory days, wherr everyone and their mother was talking about them.

The problem is Disney Marvel just came back down to Earth and now gross what other big studios gross.  2015-2019 it was Marvel, Star Wars, Disney remakes adding an extra 1-2B to the domestic market. As the other studios grossed what they always grossed annually.      

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

What on earth are you fucking talking about

Dune making money is not "redistribution of wealth"

7 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

And the underlying factor is thaterical ticket sales have suffered a permament major loss since 2020...and it's not coming back.

Streaming has changed the whole game, and is has had the biggest negative impact on movie theaters since the coming of Television cut attedance nearly in half in the early 50's.

This would have happened even if there had been no Covid, it just would have been more gradual and taken a few more years.

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

What on earth are you fucking talking about

Dune making money is not "redistribution of wealth"

Agree, that was a bad term.

I repeat, the real factor is movie attenance is way down.

DUne 2 gross, is very, very, good by today's standard. A few years ago, it would not have been all that impressive.

9 hours ago, Masketta Man said:

Thunderbolts*

*Thunderbolts not included

Please, you are bcoming boring.

Besides, the Thunderbolts line up in the comics has changed all the time.

Winston Chuchill;s definition of a fantatic: Somebody who can;t change his mind and won;t change the subject.

I hope that Yelana keeps a Russian accent. and More Julir Louis Dregus as the contessa is always good thing, as is Rachel Weiss in just about anything.

Edited by dudalb

18 hours ago, dudalb said:

Please, you are bcoming boring.

Besides, the Thunderbolts line up in the comics has changed all the time.

Winston Chuchill;s definition of a fantatic: Somebody who can;t change his mind and won;t change the subject.

I hope that Yelana keeps a Russian accent. and More Julir Louis Dregus as the contessa is always good thing, as is Rachel Weiss in just about anything.

Yelena had a Russian accent in Hawkeye so I don't see why that would suddenly change.

5 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Yelena had a Russian accent in Hawkeye so I don't see why that would suddenly change.

I loved that scene b ecause it told me I was not the only person who likekd Tabasco sauce with their Macaroni and CHeese.

6 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Liz Olsen once upon a time had an accent too

On 3/28/2024 at 9:49 AM, Masketta Man said:

Thunderbolts*

*Thunderbolts not included

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

625.jpg

@Masketta Man when he sees the new title of the movie.

He's already done the predictable joke!*

* unless you were talking about him probably using this joke on every post on this thread, which. seems likely now that I think about it