Eric Atreides

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

Peeking in before any replies because I wont get to participate here for many days. Been raining almost non stop and forecasted to be raining heavily the next 4-5 days. Can’t go out on my bike. Plus all the good IMAX/Atmos seats are already booked for the weekend 

30 minutes ago, YourMother said:
  Hide contents

Also does Valkyrie get a girlfriend in this one? That gets screentime for more than just 2 minutes top.

from spoilers, LGB content is about a different character but maybe Valkyrie gets a girlfriend too. No word on that yet strangely.

32 minutes ago, YourMother said:
  Hide contents

Brett Goldstein as Hercules, that could be fun next installment.

he looks great in the leaked post credit clip. Is the next installment going to be Thorcules bromance? I don't think they'll stay enemies for long. 

:)

5 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Checking in only see how Bale is and whether this is worth catching on D+

Bale has a small role in this based on what I read. But he is awesome as usual. Problem is his scenes are very intense and rest of the movie is Taika on steroids. So it is jarring for many. I initially thought Guardians will have a bigger role but they are also in for a short time. I wonder if thor will be in the next guardians movie?

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

So they made a campy comedy out of a movie  where a character has cancer and the villain is called the God Butcher. Just lol

Yeah comedy with cancer was always going to be tough to balance tonally. Critics obviously have the issue. We'll have to see audience response, perhaps is better than critics.

End credits. 

First mid credits is Zeus lamenting Superheroes and than he calls on his Hercules, Brett Goldstein. 

End credits is Heimdall welcoming Jane into Valhalla. They are the only two in the scene. 

Missed an opportunity. 

• Haha 1

dont know how to say this without annoying anyone so ill just say it

there was some pre-release chatter about this being the "wokest" mcu movie yet

anything in there that could hurt its box offce?

2 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

dont know how to say this without annoying anyone so ill just say it

there was some pre-release chatter about this being the "wokest" mcu movie yet

anything in there that could hurt its box offce?

Not even close.

The typical idiots will whine about Jane becoming Thor and no girlfriend for Valkyrie although she's obviously gay.

Way too much Korg... that's a character that best in small does.  Hated the narriation.

Humor seemed forced and didn't flow naturally.  Don't know if it was the editing/direction or if it just jarred a bit with the more serious areas of the film.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 5:12 PM, YourMother said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The film spent more time on how she is in pain for losing one girlfriend, murdered by Hela.

The one that wasn't even mentioned in Ragnarok.

It felt like she and Jane may become a thing in one scene but that wasn't to be.

Disney need to really stop putting namesake homosexuality reference.

14 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The film spent more time on how she is in pain for losing one girlfriend, murdered by Hela.

The one that wasn't even mentioned in Ragnarok.

It felt like she and Jane may become a thing in one scene but that wasn't to be.

Disney need to really stop putting namesake homosexuality reference.

You missed Korg talking about his mum & her boyfriend in Ragnarok.

And in L&T he had 2 dads.

• Sad 1

I think that they either gave up on King Valkyrie looking for a Queen or, more likely, Tessa was joking (since title was Love&Thunder) but everyone took it as the movie plot. Which would have been a blast methinks. 

Korg's species is only male as per Korg so I guess his Mom is male too. Haven't seen the movie yet but read spoilers.

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

that running bit about his axe acting like a jealous girlfriend holy hell they just kept going back to it. i'd tense up every time. deathly unfunny.

You said 1/3 was actually good. Care to spoil what worked for you? :)