Eric S'ennui

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

7 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

This seems... Extremely dubious. With a 120 day window maybe it could grab like 180?

I think its OW was held back by the fact that it would hit streaming in 30 days. Pre COVID these well reviewed disney movie would have opened to Moana levels and Encanto had strong WOM and so could have gone all the way to 300m with holidays. Now expectation has been set that these movies will hit streaming soon(or asap). Definitely took away a major chunk of BO. Minions OW proved animation movies can still have big OW/domestic gross. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SLAM! said:

You know… Box office is through the roof again, and a new Survivor would be a great way to celebrate that! Maybe sometime soon!

we should do it Avatar Release to Avatar 2

@ZeeSoh

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$69m+ total Friday

So, it was the perfect storm of:

Thorsday

Terrible WOM

Normal MCU Frontloading

2pm Shows which are almost a full day

Damn, I think I'm gonna have to really get another few in a row wrong like the Minions OW b/c umm, I don't think I want people to ever start to really rely on me (and my gut)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

really? I mean I don't play games but what's wrong with digital? hard drive space? download times?

Combo of hard drive space and the fact I much enjoy having a physical collection