Eric is Quiet

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Everyone appreciates Spider Man 3 and Transformers now because of how ugly and formulaic every blockbuster is these days. We need some of that chaotic Bayhem energy back.

No bullshit I'd watch Revenge of the Fallen over Love and Thunder or Dominion again any day of the week. At least that has robot balls and an inexplicable scene where the Air and Space Museum has a mountain range airfield in the middle of Washington DC

Transformers movies are my guilty pleasures, except The Last Knight, that one is just an inexcusable piece of trash.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

F9 seems like a terrible example to use me thinks

covid was still a very big deal for most people at the time, and I imagine many might not have wanted to go the screenings or the theather just yet

• Like 1

Just now, John Marston said:

Well we’ve reached the point where people have nostalgia for every 2000s blockbuster it seems. I’ve seen people talk fondly about crap like the live action Scooby Doo movies and the Tim Story Fantastic Four movies

We soon will be hitting the point where we are running out of material to nostalgic. The last decade have been extremely short of new IP, especially in live action field. Outside  of MCU and DC, I think the only IP that thrive in people memory was HG and maybe conjuring universe. Beyond that, all we have was countless remake and reboot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Well we’ve reached the point where people have nostalgia for every 2000s blockbuster it seems. I’ve seen people talk fondly about crap like the live action Scooby Doo movies and the Tim Story Fantastic Four movies

Human Torch and Thing were best parts of those Fantastic Four movies.

I'm actually pissed that those movies weren't just buddy cop movies of those two only.

Rest of the cast and characters can go to bin.  

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I do think that Chris Evans should pivot back to doing bargain bin Seann William Scott performances, yes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Sending out the Cogman Signal @CoolioD1 @MrPink

I mean, it's still a piece of trash, just with one redeeming character who should have been in a much better movie.

Cogman singing "Move bitch, get out the way" is still great.

Edited by grim22

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Everyone appreciates Spider Man 3 and Transformers now because of how ugly and formulaic every blockbuster is these days. We need some of that chaotic Bayhem energy back.

No bullshit I'd watch Revenge of the Fallen over Love and Thunder or Dominion again any day of the week. At least that has robot balls and an inexplicable scene where the Air and Space Museum has a mountain range airfield in the middle of Washington DC

You guys have just grown old.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Or pretending The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was good.

4 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Yeah pretty much. TDK was bad but TLT made me miss serious thor at points.

Phase 4 has made me appreciate phase 1 more.

Man... I always think that you are talking about The Dark Knight and always get a little baffled about you calling it bad lol