Eric is Quiet

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

the possibility some group could "adopt it" like teens adopted Minions 2 (is this in the meme culture?) - who the heck knows.

difference is Minions has cultivated an audience for the last 12 years. No one cares about Superman's dog.

1 minute ago, Legion and Thunder said:

Yeah, don’t need any specific characters. Need strong writers again.

BP2 has the same writers of the first plus a very smart director. Hopefully Coogler can take MCU out on a high note this year.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I know it will open over Paws of Fury and its predecessor Teen Titans Go to the Movies - after that...

I had the kids rate trailers for upcoming movies in terms of interest

Thor was only 2.5/5 (and one is a big Thor fan, though I’ll probably drag them to watch it anyway)

Paws of Fury got a 0 (1/5 and -1/5 😂)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

difference is Minions has cultivated an audience for the last 12 years. No one cares about Superman's dog.

Have you seen how dog movies do?  Everyone always seems to care about the dog.  

As a cat owner, I don't get it but now, I just accept it!

Just now, WittyUsername said:

I’m not convinced people are gonna go crazy over an Ant-Man movie, so it looks like the pressure is on BP2. 

Ant-Man is more important than Black Panther because it is dealing with where the big picture plot of MCU is leading. 

BP 2 could be just another Wakanda story.

1 minute ago, M37 said:

Thor was only 2.5/5 (and one is a big Thor fan, though I’ll probably drag them to watch it anyway)

Paws of Fury isn't even theatrical in the UK, goes straight to our equivalent of cable on July 22nd.

• Haha 2

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Have you seen how dog movies do?  Everyone always seems to care about the dog.  

As a cat owner, I don't get it but now, I just accept it!

I mean, the first SLoP did big business back in 2016, but the sequel in 2019? Maybe the movie will do ok, but I don’t know if I can imagine it breaking out. 

3 minutes ago, M37 said:

Mine struggle to not make fun of the Paws of Fury ad in theater - then again, they have also seen that trailer a TON, so it's getting exposure to kids.

That said, Minions isn't going huge b/c of families, so families are not showing just "to see something", so Paws is toast except for AMC/Regal subscribers who have built up extra tickets and need to appease the kid (be it the sibling, child, niece/nephew, or babysat)...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I mean, the first SLoP did big business back in 2016, but the sequel in 2019? Maybe the movie will do ok, but I don’t know if I can imagine it breaking out. 

2016 was peak furry cinema. Talking animals galore. So much so they almost overshadowed the capes.

9 minutes ago, The Panda said:

*MCU gets the two highest OWs of the year*

This board: The MCU is dying and needs Sony to save it

It is *not* getting the two highest OWs of the year

• Like 1