charlie Jatinder

11-14 Weekday Thread | Featuring Future BOFFY Award Winning Meltdown of Our Fallen False God

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

I miss the days where people would be able to debate each other - and even if things got heated, it wouldn't result in banning always. People have become so accustomed to banning and vilifying everyone here since 2017, it's ridiculous. Granted, I'm posting while on page 12...so do not know what has happened after that but will continue reading. It's just annoying that people get banned here so quickly - and banned because they do not want to accept another person's point of view. 

The internet is quite different than it used to be.

Like before 2015/2016 it was more a wild wild west place of open ideas and thoughts. You could watch 9/11 conspiracies on YouTube, and we used to have epic battles but not really take it personally. Trolling and poking fun of each other was seen as 'normal'.

However, a lot of people started to feel an uncontrolled internet is a massive threat to the status quo. Brexit and Trump etc.

Ever since there has been a huge corporate centralization of the internet and a lot of gatekeeping. 

Furthermore, a lot of the younger generation has been brought up with a less 'thick skin' and more that if you don’t agree with something try to get rid of it then just ignoring it.

These general trends have led to many websites becoming much more sanitized and moderated then before.

These general trends have carried forward to this website as well. 

I be honest before I used to engage 'in jest trolling comment' as a joke and it would be seen as 'good fun' but that is not seen as acceptable anymore here. So we move on 😊

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

T:L&T - 9.1

M2 - 6.1

TG:M - 2.1

Since we're following Minions vs Thor for #4, how did Minions have such a spectacular Wednesday last week?

13.568M vs TLT 9.1M

Total BO through same day of release:

Thor LT $179.1M

Minions $154.186M

Thor has a $25M lead, for now, but it's fallen behind Minions dailies already (although Thursday should be much tighter since Minions was only $10.342M, so the difference should be $2Mish, not $4Mish...)

PS - Minions went $46.128M after losing PLFs to Thor for its 2nd weekend.  That's my Thor mark for this weekend - worse WOM, still PLFs and tons of showings...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

31% drop from tue .Not good for thor .

8-8.5m Thursday .unless Thursday drop is softer will be lucky to hit 50m.

45-47m.

Charlie updated the numbers.

Thor-$9.1m

Minions-$6.1m 

TGM-$2.1m

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Since we're following Minions vs Thor for #4, how did Minions have such a spectacular Wednesday last week?

13.568M vs TLT 9.1M

Total BO through same day of release:

Thor LT $179.1M

Minions $154.186M

Thor has a $25M lead, for now, but it's fallen behind Minions dailies already (although Thursday should be much tighter since Minions was only $10.342M, so the difference should be $2Mish, not $4Mish...)

PS - Minions went $46.128M after losing PLFs to Thor for its 2nd weekend.  That's my Thor mark for this weekend - worse WOM, still PLFs and tons of showings...

July 4th week is a big vacation period, so a lot more families having free time, inflated dailies, including Friday, so weaker Saturday increases

Looking at these dailies, not sure Thor vs Minions is going to be much of a battle in the end, as the little yellow guys may wind up $20M ahead

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, baumer said:

Minions falling more than 55% from last Wednesday just looks weird.

Last week dailies were inflated due to ID.

Friday increase will be better.

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 2