grim22

Weekend thread 7/15-7/17 | Actuals: Thor 4 46.63M, Minions 26.83, Crawdads 17.25, TGM 12.26, Elvis 8, Paws of Fury 6.31

16 minutes ago, datpepper said:

Sometime in early 2016 I got tremendously bored, but noticed I had already seen everything I wanted to see that was playing at my local theaters. Decided to just "complete" the list and see the only movie I hadn't seen at the time (Think it was The Man Who Knew Infinity, starring Dev Patel. Extra points to anyone else who remembers that one). Then the next weekend more movies came out, and I was like "Aw, now I feel incomplete" so I went and saw all of those. Same thing for the next weekend, and the next weekend, and the next weekend...

You get the idea, I've now seen every wide release that's come out over the past six years, including whatever other limited release stuff showed up nearby (Most in theaters, COVID caused some here and there to be delayed to home for me). People do this a lot more now since subscription services started being a thing, but I did it before those became mainstream, so I'm sure that makes me one of the cool ones😎 (Or not, based on what I've seen!) It makes for plenty of fun conversation-starters with pals, though.

This reminds me of when @Blankmentstrusted this forum and we sent him to watch bad Christian movies every week.

• Haha 1

Off topic here....sorry but I'm watching it chapter 2. I remember seeing it when it first came out and I was massively disappointed in it because it's so far away from the tone of the book. It's almost 3 hours long and I'm about 2 hours into it and I kind of appreciate it a little bit more. I still think they could have done a better job with the adult story but I kind of understand a little bit why they made some of the decisions that they did.

It's still not a great movie but it's definitely better now that I've had a few years to get over my disappointment LOL

Edited by baumer
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Taylor Swift working with David O Russell and the Crawdads African murder lady in the same year? Seems like some annoying Twitter arguments about to ensure for sure

Lady Gaga is the only one immune from everything. She can work with whoever she wants.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

I Can Only Imagine what that was like.

Must have been Courageous of him to play along, finding out God’s Not Dead. But must have been like a War Room when he got back to the forum, feeling Left Behind 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, datpepper said:

So you're saying the only successful movies she's had are the ones where she's not in front of the camera 😶

Kinda like Mandy Moore, who started off fine with A Walk to Remember and Saved! … followed by a bunch of terrible ones after, excluding animated voice-over (Tangled, etc)

I would be careful of posting any numbers that you think might be by EC.  I could see him trying to troll the BOT forums with false numbers.   Just wait and get them from Charlie or another online source.  The thread and forum will survive.  It just pushes the conversations back a little. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, datpepper said:

Paws of Fury CinemaScore is A-

PAWS OF FURY: THE LEGEND OF HAWK (2022)A-

Wasn't expecting that. They misspell it, or is that a different movie? lol

Edited by krla