grim22

Weekend thread 7/15-7/17 | Actuals: Thor 4 46.63M, Minions 26.83, Crawdads 17.25, TGM 12.26, Elvis 8, Paws of Fury 6.31

In Canada at least for true Friday, Crawdads is in fourth, just behind Top Gun. Paws is in a distant 6th, behind Elvis.

Marcel is playing in less than a dozen theatres, but it’s PTA would be lucky to reach 600$ today. Mrs Harris is only in 20-30 theatres, but with actually a much stronger PTA than Macel.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Sorry guys, going to the movies is an elitist experience. Pack it up

What an unbelievably stupid concept. Better cancel concerts, live sports, plays, operas, etc.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

I bet my ass that 2-3 weeks from now you-know-who will start posting early numbers again on their twitter account

I sure hope so, cause man is this going to be a boring weekend thread, even for a slow weeks standards. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

I guess the lesson is “don’t bite the hand that feeds you surprisingly accurate early daily numbers”? 

Or don’t be a complete prick to people.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

Russo sounds like a complete loon who just realized his movie wouldn’t have made any money if it was a full theatrical release. 

Honestly it pisses me off when my favorite movie didn't even go to theaters outside California and NY

26 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Sorry guys, going to the movies is an elitist experience. Pack it up

Not gonna lie: I laughed at the irony of that comment coming from one of the directors of the film whose preview night screening is one of the best possible cases I could make for seeing a movie with a big crowd.

I wish Netflix would commit to giving real, relatively substantial (i.e. at least 30 days of theatrical exclusivity) runs to their bigger, buzzier titles. I definitely would have gone to see their big awards season plays theatrically if I had gotten the chance. But this halfhearted "limited release in a few theaters with minimal advertising, then dropping online a week later" strategy is basically a non-release.

• Like 1

Running the numbers, I'm essentially certain that $700M is dead for TGM. It's going to do about $11-12M this weekend, which would put it at ~$617-618M through Sunday. It would need a roughly 8x IM from this weekend to hit $700M. Even Avatar "only" managed a 6.27x IM from its 8th weekend. 

I think the max is $675M, but my target is $665M.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

Running the numbers, I'm essentially certain that $700M is dead for TGM. It's going to do about $11-12M this weekend, which would put it at ~$617-618M through Sunday. It would need a roughly 8x IM from this weekend to hit $700M. Even Avatar "only" managed a 6.27x IM from its 8th weekend. 

I think the max is $675M, but my target is $665M.

**Sometimes it feels like, somebodies watching meeeeeeeee**

• Haha 7