grim22

Weekend thread 7/15-7/17 | Actuals: Thor 4 46.63M, Minions 26.83, Crawdads 17.25, TGM 12.26, Elvis 8, Paws of Fury 6.31

7 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

You can get a ticket for like $5 bucks on a tuesday or $8.65 during certain showtimes, how is that an elitist experience? 

That's more expensive than a Happy Meal, the meal of elitists. 

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Taylor Swift working with David O Russell and the Crawdads African murder lady in the same year? Seems like some annoying Twitter arguments about to ensure for sure

I'm kinda shocked at how many controversies David O. Russell has weathered already. Granted, I think his offenses would be regarded much more critically in the post-2017 climate (especially that horrific incident with his niece), but the man has, what, at least four separate offenses to his name that feel like they would each be enough on their own to sink a career?

I feel like if either association becomes problematic for Taylor Swift, she'll find a way to navigate around it with her fanbase. She seems concerned enough about her image that she probably has responses to associations with Russell and Owens pre-crafted. But we'll see.

• Like 3

I don't think any of O. Russell's controversies resurfacing will be what sinks Amsterdam when I'm getting a sense from the marketing so far that the actual movie itself will be what does it in.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

no numbers? time to make some up

TL&T 13.5

M2 8

Crawdads 7.5

Maverick 3.2

Elvis 2.8

Thor 45m

Minions 27m

Minion 2 beating thor domestic and ww.

• Like 1

BOT had roared back this summer, but the ban has set us back massively. 

Whatever your thoughts of whether the ban was justified or not, we’re sure not in Kansas anymore. 

No numbers to discuss at 9am U.K. time on a Saturday :whosad:

• Like 9

So first wk cume 187 and change, true Oweek 158.3. 1.9x multi takes to 330.   

Wknd look 45ish, say cume of 232.x — 88M 4-10, 1.9 multi gives 311.    

Probably gonna avoid the disaster bar of rag nominal, though still pretty bad performance.

Edited by Legion and Thunder

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I've at least liked practically everything Resident Evil (the games, the Anderson movies, the new reboot movie). This might geniunely be the first RE thing I hate.

Oh that’s interesting! I thought the first episode was ok, a bit strange but I’ll definitely watch more. 

I agree that Thor's tally won't be great (especially WW), but beating Ragnarok domestically definitely not a disaster. Any time a film becomes the best grosser in the franchise is not a disaster. Suppose Minions are a disaster as well if it doesn't hit 336m domestically?