Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

if we were to launch align TGM's ow (meaning pushing korea and japan and anything else into ow) what did it open to and what legs did it have?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

3 hours ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

+/- 5% Prediction 

$725M DOM

$550M China [Mainland]
$1300M OS-C-R

I think this is the most reasonable prediction, something along the lines of 2.4-2.6b with more or less this distribution. I expect this movie to barely reach the 3b range, but I am being optmistic. The pessimistic scenario would be a 2b gross, anything under that I think is pretty crazy, the same goes for anyone thinking 3.5b and higher. But we will all know in a couple of months...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bruce said:

China OD perdiction of Maoyan:¥275m($40m)

what ow range can we predict with that number?

4 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

I thought something like $130M Germany, $120M France, $60M Spain, $40M Italy.. 

That's just an odd prediction as Numbers may go off by $50M-$100M... But that's something I would call success... Atleast, I want to see this defeating Endgame if not the original (⁠ノ⁠`⁠⌒⁠´⁠)⁠ノ⁠┫⁠:⁠・⁠┻⁠┻

Looking at presales I would not rule out those $60m...

Btw, it is happening here the same than in China with Fri-Sat presales. Basically, both figures are the same. I do not know if it is a legs signal or just people waiting for the best possible seat.

Summarizing, 77 showings, 8 sellouts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andreas said:

I'll stick to my guns and continue to be the pessimist here ($2B is a pessimistic prediction LOL)

DOM: ~$600M

China: ~$400M

OS-C-R: ~$1B

WW Total: ~$2B

I mean if 2 billion is low end that is jokes

This is set to be the biggest film since Endgame .

4 hours ago, hw64 said:

For me, it tops Infinity War and falls between $650m and $720m or so.

https://deadline.com/2022/12/avatar-the-way-of-water-box-office-preview-prediction-1235197950/

Deadline says 525

A lot of good info in that article….

Spoiler

Domestic presales for Avatar: The Way of Water stand at an estimated $38M through yesterday, double that of Top Gun: Maverick and Jurassic World at the same point in time but behind Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which respectively opened to $181.3M and $187.4M. Seventy-four precent of the presales are for 3D showtimes and 15% of those advance ticket sales are for showtimes outside of opening weekend.

The big chains are seeing a big proportion of advance ticket sales in Imax but not at the level of Marvel movies which is to be expected given the older adult nature of this property. Meaning, it’s typically the fanboys who pre-purchase their tickets.

The percentage of 3D presales abroad is phenomenal with Europe seeing 81%, Asia Pacific 70% and Latin America 65%.

Thursday previews in U.S./Canada start at 3PM. The weekend’s 4,100 theater count is made up of 280 4D/Dbox venues, 85 Screen X, 400 Imax 3D auditoriums, and 3,000 3D theaters. The review embargo just lifted following the Hollywood premiere last night and Rotten Tomatoes counts 81 reviews at 83% fresh. The original 2009 movie was 82% certified fresh.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

A lot of good info in that article….

Hide contents

Domestic presales for Avatar: The Way of Water stand at an estimated $38M through yesterday, double that of Top Gun: Maverick and Jurassic World at the same point in time but behind Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which respectively opened to $181.3M and $187.4M. Seventy-four precent of the presales are for 3D showtimes and 15% of those advance ticket sales are for showtimes outside of opening weekend.

The big chains are seeing a big proportion of advance ticket sales in Imax but not at the level of Marvel movies which is to be expected given the older adult nature of this property. Meaning, it’s typically the fanboys who pre-purchase their tickets.

The percentage of 3D presales abroad is phenomenal with Europe seeing 81%, Asia Pacific 70% and Latin America 65%.

Thursday previews in U.S./Canada start at 3PM. The weekend’s 4,100 theater count is made up of 280 4D/Dbox venues, 85 Screen X, 400 Imax 3D auditoriums, and 3,000 3D theaters. The review embargo just lifted following the Hollywood premiere last night and Rotten Tomatoes counts 81 reviews at 83% fresh. The original 2009 movie was 82% certified fresh.

That's unexpected, but good