Eric Burnett

The Fall Guy | May 3, 2024 | Universal | Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt | Based off the 80s TV show

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Borobudur said:

The movie is good but I can't help but to feel unrefreshing. It is kind of movie you won't regret watching it but neither "you have to see it"

So  it is a perfect "I will wait and catch it on streaming " movie.

That is the problem; It looks like fun, but not Twelve bucks worth to a great many people.

And of course a lot more then 12 bucks if you have a family. That is what a lot of people don;t get. You have a couple of kids, a movie outing will cost around 50 bucks.

And, nowdays hiring a sitter for the kids will cost you as much as tickets for the kids....

Edited by dudalb

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Budget is too high, but as I do with all movies, I'm not going to take the budget into account when judging the box office.

I don't get the logic of that at all. 

Maybe that makes sense in Fanboy world but not in the real world.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

$140m budget? Daaaaamn. Should have been half of that at most.

Tax Credits said ~90M net (throw about 5% margin of error for figuring out the actual exchange rates) which should have been pretty inclusive. So either it's a gross budget, the film suffered notable cost overruns or they spent a lot on VFX outside of Australia. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

This is a lot of fun. A quite enjoyable film.  

That seems to be the prevailing opinion for most people who see it. Fingers crossed that can translate to WOM and legs.

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Ah fuck now the performance is gonna be framed as a reaction to this isn't it.

Yep. Most regular people who see the movie are going to either just blow right past and never notice it or go ooh that's tasteless and crass and then forget about it. But there will be that loud minority who make a stink. That's the world in 2024.

• Like 1

Back to the actual movie. If WOM does not help this movie at least somewhat than it was never going to break out with the GA and they were never going to care. It has everything going for it so if they still don't come off the fence then that's the way it goes I guess.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Some people are unbelievably dumb and THR should be ashamed for trying make a story out of this nonsense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

It's the only joke my (very lively) crowd didn't react to but its also sandwiched between two other larger, showier gags and its said fairly quietly under someone's breath. Most aren't gonna remember or notice it, I suspect.

• Like 2