YM!

Saw X | 9/29/23

2 minutes ago, mikeymichael said:

What's the latest BO opening weekend prediction for this one?

Estimates are all over the place. The latest consensus seemed like 15-20M, but before that was looking like 25-30M. So I'm really not sure where it's going to land. Thursday previews will give us a good idea. 

3 minutes ago, eman92 said:

Estimates are all over the place. The latest consensus seemed like 15-20M, but before that was looking like 25-30M. So I'm really not sure where it's going to land. Thursday previews will give us a good idea. 

Hopfully it will be like Evil Dead Rise which rose above its predictions. I just feel it's not going to do well though unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Hopfully it will be like Evil Dead Rise which rose above its predictions. I just feel it's not going to do well though unfortunately.

I still feel like there is a lot of hype around Saw X, but yeah a few weeks ago I thought it would do 30+, as it got closer I thought 25-30M. And last few days I've felt a bit worrisome. Still everything I've seen in the numbers thread has shown 2.5-3M in previews for Saw X, but then the MTC numbers showed much worse. I don't even really understand MTC or how valuable it is but most seem to believe that's the most accurate take. 

Still I'm really hoping the hype from the good reviews can give it a bit of a push. I would be really sad to see one of the best Saw films, bomb and end the franchise. Kevin Greutert (Director) REALLY deserves this to be a success. He did Saw VI which sadly flopped and then Saw VII was just a mess. For him to come back to do another incredibly success Saw movie to bomb would really suck. 

1 hour ago, eman92 said:

I still feel like there is a lot of hype around Saw X, but yeah a few weeks ago I thought it would do 30+, as it got closer I thought 25-30M. And last few days I've felt a bit worrisome. Still everything I've seen in the numbers thread has shown 2.5-3M in previews for Saw X, but then the MTC numbers showed much worse. I don't even really understand MTC or how valuable it is but most seem to believe that's the most accurate take. 

Still I'm really hoping the hype from the good reviews can give it a bit of a push. I would be really sad to see one of the best Saw films, bomb and end the franchise. Kevin Greutert (Director) REALLY deserves this to be a success. He did Saw VI which sadly flopped and then Saw VII was just a mess. For him to come back to do another incredibly success Saw movie to bomb would really suck. 

I wouldn't say Saw 6 flopped at all. $11M budget and made $70M.

He got screwed really badly for Saw 7 though. Getting that paranormal activity film stripped from him because of studio politics and pettiness. 

20 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

He got screwed really badly for Saw 7 though. Getting that paranormal activity film stripped from him because of studio politics and pettiness. 

Saw 6 was definitely a flop, opening to less than half of your proceeding chapter and not hitting a 2x is very very bad. Which is a shame as its great. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

6 did badly enough that Lionsgate panicked and scrapped movie 8 and all the ideas intended for it got shoved into 7 which would not end the series.

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Just noticed The Creator has fallen to 69% 

Did anyone guess that Saw X and Paw Patrol would have better reviews than The Creator? 

:hahaha:

It’s fun to see. Seeing Saw X at 20.50 tomorrow night in a huge room. Excited. 

I'm expecting to wake up tomorrow and see Saw X at 20% with a big splat.

• Haha 1

Will this beat The Nun II OW? I don’t see Paw Patrol 2 hurting this box office wise at all because it’s aimed entirely at children demographics. So in simple terms, kids will watch the former; all adults 18+ will flock this tenthquel. And The Creator is targeted at teens based on the rating.

Edited by Asyulus

18 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

Will this beat The Nun II OW? I don’t see Paw Patrol 2 hurting this box office wise at all because it’s aimed entirely at children demographics. So in simple terms, kids will watch the former; all adults 18+ will flock this tenthquel. And The Creator is targeted at teens based on the rating.

Sadly from the early reporting were getting it doesn't look like it. Looks like at best it'll do 20M OW, but most likely fall between 18-20M. It would need a HUGE uptick on Friday/Saturday sales to pull off something like 25M. Unless early reporting is wrong, but looks like previews will be 1.6-1.8M which would theoretically mean around 18M OW, but it could maybe squeeze a little more out of it with the critical reception its gotten. 

I think the more important thing will be its legs, but that also seems like it may be in trouble because of Exorcist next week and then Taylor Swift will take up sooooo many theaters after that. But we'll see. I'm really hoping I'm wrong and this movie somehow does like 23-25M OW and can do like 55M domestically. Just doesn't seem like it at the moment

• Like 1