Eric is Anxious

Elio | June 13, 2025 | Pixar | Adrian Molina (Coco) directs

Now this looks like a classic Pixar adventure. Definitely their best teaser in like years. With the Coco co-director and writer helming it, I think it has the potential to be a big hit for Pixar and Disney both critically and commercially. Not a fan of the release date though, as it’ll get limited PLFs with Fall Guy and faces intense family competition from KFP4, Snow White and Beyond. Hoping it can either clear up or it moves to 2/9 before it’s too late.

Edited by YM!
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, YM! said:

Now this looks like a classic Pixar adventure. Definitely their best teaser in like years. With the Coco co-director and writer helming it, I think it has the potential to be a big hit for Pixar and Disney both critically and commercially. Not a fan of the release date though, as it’ll get limited PLFs with Fall Guy and faces intense family competition from KFP4, Snow White and Beyond. Hoping it can either clear up or it moves to 2/9 before it’s too late.

The Er, Earth made me chuckle a lot. 

February 2nd isn't Spring though. I do wonder if they're expecting KFP4 or Spider-Verse to move so are staying put for now.

I'd opt for February 23rd as it's currently empty and gives them a bit of breathing room. 

Looks genuinely great. Love the premise, and I like how there is a genuine sense of danger at the start of the trailer in regards to the aliens. I suspect this will do well too cause it seems to be skewing younger then KFP4 will be and Beyond the Spider-Verse getting pushed.

looks pretty cool, mostly because of the concept, hope the execution isn't too auto-piloty

but I cant lie, even if comes from good intentions the eyepatch makes me a bit uncomfortable, either make it bigger and more detailed or get rid of it

8 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

The first Pixar trailer that intrigued me for a long time, I really like the premise and the writing seems pretty good, they should try freshening up their animation style though, in a post ITSV / Puss in Boots 2 world, it's pretty underwhelming.

The style is different, Pixar is flirting with cartoon designs recently like Luca and now this

This is probably the more cartoonish and less focused on pure realism a Pixar movie looked since idk Nemo

Sure is not totally unique to make such a strong impression like the new hyped hybrid style, but honestly this type of animation will get old real quick too if suddenly everyone start doing it (we had PIB and ATSV recently and Ninja Turtles and even Wish is also coming all in less than a year)

• Like 1

I think it's fair to say the Disney/Pixar plastic human designs are getting a little stale, though Elio does have a point of uniqueness in his eyepatch, and focusing on what seems to be a military family is a bit of a novelty in mainstream animation. Main hook for me is all the dramatic lighting, abduction scene in particular looks very cinematic.

I think if all goes right this can be a pretty good hit, but it's still gonna need the kind of rave reviews that Elemental's not getting.

Edited by AniNate