Grebacio

Weekend Thread (9/22-24) | Weekend Estimates - DWD 19.35, Woman King 11, Avatar 10.5, Barbarian 4.8, See How They Run & Pearl 1.9

I think Avatar re-release provide a warm up session for moviegoers in regard to 3D version.

I track 7 theaters around my metropolitan over this weekend. On Thursday OD, the 3D% was only 46% of all seats sold and majority of which are from IMAX 3D. However, by Sunday, this percentage goes up to 72% as more and more regular 3D tickets are sold.  

We seen people coming out in drove for IMAX/PLF for Avatar 2 would be something that people come out in full force for 3D.

Box office analytics corp EntTelligence reports that the average ticket price for Don’t Worry Darling was $11.67 to that of The Woman King at $11.13 and Avatar at $15.51M, the latter because it was relegated to 3D and premium formats. Don’t Worry Darling brought in 1.4M admissions, while Woman King saw 900K and Avatar 600k.

3 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

The international box office journey for Sony's THE WOMAN KING has just begun...$1.3M in 2 markets, 838 screens.

Brazil ($1M)

Nigeria ($300k)

The 2 major non African characters in the movie are Brazilian (one is a villain though), I've heard their Portuguese was not very good though lol....  

Edited by ban1o

So let me see if i get it 

Despite being no culture impact, Avatar already grossed 58M on China re-release last year, and now it's probably gonna gross another 60M with the remastered version? 

So around 120M on box office this decade with re-releases, seems excellent for an 2009 movie that nobody cares about.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AJG said:

Deadline Anthony is spinning shit today. Not losing his mind but still spinning

And finally after battling denial, anger, bargaining, and depression, Big Tony has finally reached the last pillar of grief: Acceptance

200.gif

His average ticket price tho:

Box office analytics corp EntTelligence reports that the average ticket price for Don’t Worry Darling was $11.67 to that of The Woman King at $11.13 and Avatar at $15.51M, the latter because it was relegated to 3D and premium formats. 

9 minutes ago, Maggie said:

This is a stunning result. Bring on Avatar 2 to break all records. I'm starting to believe those 1B domestic predictions are not that crazy anymore.

I'm not going that far, but at this point i think anyone expecting less than 100M OW for the sequel really need to wake up. 

If the movie is good and an exceptional theatrical experience like the first one, i think it will have insanely good holds after it's OW.

My late showing of Don't Worry Darling yesterday probably had 15-20% of sales cancelled before showtime compared to when I got my ticket in the morning. Everyone in that audience knew what they were getting into; Harry Styles routinely delivered laughs for all his meme scenes. The "OWour LIYFe" scene felt like Tommy Wiseau was Harry Styles in that crowd.

Edited by WrathOfHan

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My late showing of Don't Worry Darling yesterday probably had 15-20% of sales cancelled before showtime compared to when I got my ticket in the morning. Everyone in that audience knew what they were getting into; Harry Styles routinely delivered laughs for all his meme scenes. The "OWour LIYFe" scene felt like Tommy Wiseau was Harry Styles in that crowd.

the kids have been killing him on twitter

FdMpjFTaEAAweEF?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 1

I don't know if it would be much better just because of more theaters 

But Disney could've make a more focused marketing, than yeah i think we would be talking about 15-17M OW 

But still excellent result, i'm very happy that i watched again and that it's doing numbers.

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I'm not going that far, but at this point i think anyone expecting less than 100M OW for the sequel really need to wake up. 

If the movie is good and an exceptional theatrical experience like the first one, i think it will have insanely good holds after it's OW.

That, and its second and third weekend will also be legendary. The thing about this Holiday season is that there’s virtually no competition against Avatar 2. Puss in Boots for the kids, and then the Whitney Houston biopic, and Strange World is likely keeping its theater space for the Holidays, but besides that… What exactly are people supposed to see? Avatar is the clear choice for moviegoers. It’s almost not fair how well Avatar’s going to perform, just by virtue of being *the choice*.

• Like 1