Grebacio

Weekend Thread (9/22-24) | Weekend Estimates - DWD 19.35, Woman King 11, Avatar 10.5, Barbarian 4.8, See How They Run & Pearl 1.9

30 minutes ago, grim22 said:

You’re mad that @KyrieAPage is RIGHT!

How does a movie about nine foot tall naked blue cat people only have 400 fanfics? How does this happen? All the pieces needed for fanfic smut is right there.

Now the TRUE Avatar on the other hand

64672-B73-D671-4-B08-8-F6-A-4-D4-F971-F9

Edit: god in heaven!

FdYFr8NXwAAR7tp?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, AJG said:

You’re mad that @KyrieAPage is RIGHT!

How does a movie about nine foot tall naked blue cat people only have 400 fanfics? How does this happen? All the pieces needed for fanfic smut is right there.

Now the TRUE Avatar on the other hand

64672-B73-D671-4-B08-8-F6-A-4-D4-F971-F9

The power of Zutara and Zukka. :sparta:

18 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I think Bulma found 5 of the 7 again, but she's only planning to get rid of her wrinkles and maybe have a butt lift again

When is the Dragon Ball movie moved to streaming, i wanna watch

8 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Biggest OWs for non-IP live action since pandemic: (once again, no true stories, books.. House of Gucci, RRR, Old, Woman King, Elvis, etc)

1. Nope- 44.3m

2. The Lost City- 30.4m

3. Free Guy- 28.3m

4. Dog- 14.8m

5. The Northman- 12.2m

6. Beast- 11.5m

7. Barbarian- 10.5m

8. Moonfall- 9.8m

9. Tenet- 9.3m

10. Wrath of Man- 8.3m

FWIW, Jungle Cruise did 35m but I still debate the originality on that one

At least Don't Worry Darling is finishing 4th with its 18-20ish OW

The Northman is based on Hamlet and which is based on Amleth…

8 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Biggest OWs for non-IP live action since pandemic: (once again, no true stories, books.. House of Gucci, RRR, Old, Woman King, Elvis, etc)

1. Nope- 44.3m

2. The Lost City- 30.4m

3. Free Guy- 28.3m

4. Dog- 14.8m

5. The Northman- 12.2m

6. Beast- 11.5m

7. Barbarian- 10.5m

8. Moonfall- 9.8m

9. Tenet- 9.3m

10. Wrath of Man- 8.3m

FWIW, Jungle Cruise did 35m but I still debate the originality on that one

At least Don't Worry Darling is finishing 4th with its 18-20ish OW

RRR isn't a true story. Literally the only "true" thing in that story is that people named Komaram Bheem and Alluri Seetaram Raju existed and not much is known about their whereabouts during the period when the movie is set.. Literally everything is made up there. It's like saying "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter" is based on a true story because Lincoln existed and there's no way to definitively prove that he didn't hunt vampires 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Minor supporting evidence:

I think a re-release opening with 30M WW without any huge marketing campaign in streaming era alone proofs that Avatar isn't like the other franchises people insist to compare. 

It was hilarious tho the whole fanfic argument, i think most people just take it as a funny joke.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

You laugh, but it is a little weird the lack of fanfic, if only because the Na’vi are tailor made for horny sickos. Neytiri as a character has like 30 fetishes built into one, and you’re telling me the Internet doesn’t have a million weird self-insert smut fanfics? It’s craziness!

• Like 2

seems like in many places the avatar re-release saturday is up 150% from friday, dont know if the same thing will happen in the us due to the friday with not previews release, but double digits shouldnt be too hard should it? 

over $10,741,486 and im satisfied

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

Yea Saturday for DWD is definitely below true Friday in pretty much every market I'm looking at. Not alarmingly below true Friday, but just enough.

Avatar seems to be increasing in some areas, surprisingly enough.

• Like 2