Eric is Anxious

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

1 minute ago, Grebacio said:

Joined BOT a little over an year and today was the first time I had to click the ignore button for some users

It is a glorious feeling. If only I could still use it 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

I mean the MCU Spider-Man trilogy made the thing that I hated in concept that was to tell an origin story spaced out in a trilogy of films and made it work. Radically different than the comics and that’s a good thing because I don’t want to retread the stories I already know. Same for the Infinity Saga and so on. I want to be surprised, I don’t want pages coming into life in live action, that’s boring for me. Defy the rules, but yet keep faithful to the core of the characters is a hard balance act, but when it works is so worth it.

One day there will be a good Hollywood anime adaption ( my guess is the one piece series from but that could be my bias for the series ) and then the floodgates will open

20 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

I really wish James Cameron directed this and it came out a few years earlier. Tonally it's a great counter to the dull and angsty YA movie boom from the late 00s to 2017

If it was Alita 2 coming out this wknd I would have already seen it. The path is clear

13 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Ahhh the first woman I loved 🤣. Good memories. Sucks that it only last 2 seasons. 

If we’re talking Jim related tv series with teen crushes where it sucks they only lasted 2 seasons, it’s gotta be T:TSCC

17 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

I think what a lot of anime and manga fans misunderstand is you have to aim for the general public when you have large budget and some things that work in the culture of Japan  don't work in the culture of the west. ( like Hollywood won't touch the Fate series due to it's original release as a well..)

@Korra Legionknows

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

One day there will be a good Hollywood anime adaption ( my guess is the one piece series from but that could be my bias for the series ) and then the floodgates will open

My bias from the series is that it will definitely not be the good Hollywood anime adaptation.

I feel like psycho pass should be crackable. Baccano maybe 

4 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

Isn't superhero movie often more frontload because the loyal hard-core fanbase often try to see the movie as soon as possible? 

Does Avatar/Cameron not have that? Not saying this will be the same kind of frontloaded, but who's rushing out to see Avatar 2, if not those devoted?

• Like 2

YES!! Power back on! We about to start T2 (will post thoughts after redroast has finished.)

I almost thought about doing his filmography in release order, but I think I want to do Terminator/T2 back to back.  Also, The Abyss is my favorite, so I’m kind of holding off on that as like the ace at my sleeve. 

• Like 1